Pets Keepers Guide Forums

Full Version: Cat leashes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Are you for or against cat leashes? Whenever I take my cats outdoors, I always put them on a little leash to make sure they don't run away, run into traffic or get stuck in a tree. Anyone else do this? I have had discussions with friends who have said they are 100% against the idea, I didn't really think it was a controversial thing, anyone care to comment?
I don't see anything wrong with it. It keeps your cat safe when outdoors. It does take some getting used to for them just like it does for dogs but I have met many cats including my own who have no problems walking on their harness and leash. Whenever my cats are outside they are on a harness and leash.
I use a harness just to be on the safe side as I use break away collars. They enjoy going outdoors but I only take them out when the weather is nice.
My cats just have a collar and leash set up, no harnesses. My cats are generally well behaved cats so they don't try and squirm free or anything so I never went with the full harness. I think mine are just so excited to be outside, they don't care about anything else!

Mine have actually started to get very excited now, and they know they go outside when they get the leash put on, so whenever I put the leashes on them in the house they go insane!
Mine for some reason love the snow, they roll about and jump and play in it! I think sometimes in the summer it gets too hot for them as they are very very furry.