Pets Keepers Guide Forums

Full Version: Who is the "boss"?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Some owners think that the correct way of educating animals is making them understand who is "the boss" (and there is nothing wrong with this).They even get to the point where they hit the cage to scare their birds...but what's the best way to go about this and how to educate the birds and make them understand that they behave badly (when they do) and make them understand not to repeat it?
How do you train your bird respect and discipline?
Wow...some people are idiots and some people are just plain cruel.

It seems to me that the person that you know who is banging on the bird cage is just a big, fat, idiot bully. This person doesn't need to be educated, the bird needs a new home.

If the jerk that you are describing is doing this then he is only making matter worse. Sounds like to me the HUMAN needs behavior modification NOT the bird. Birds are like toddlers that never grow up! They absolutely will be naughty, mischievous and will behave badly at times.

People amaze me at times. They get a wild animal and expect it to do as they want it to do. Guess what people, that doesn't happen and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that.

Don't bother with the human in this situation. He doesn't deserve the privilege of owning any animal. People who opt to scare any animal into submission are ignorant fools.

*getting worked up, better stop commenting for now* grrrrrrr!