Pets Keepers Guide Forums

Full Version: Where does your dog sleep?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have multiple cushions around the house for my dog. Her favorite is the one in the middle of the hallway between my my bedroom and my mother's. I think she likes being able to watch/protect us haha. Sometimes she sleeps in my bed, but I don't think it's her favorite stop.
So, where does your dog sleep? Outside? In your bed? Dog beds?
My dog sleeps in the same spot every night. Right under my bed near my feet. I know deep inside he wants to sleep on the bed with me but I forbid him to do that. His hair gets all over the sheets and I don't like that one bit.

If it isn't at night, then he is free to sleep anywhere in the house. Half the time he sleeps on the bare floor in the middle of the hallway as it is very cool laying on the wooden floors. He does have a thick coat on him. So staying cool is a must for him. Downstairs in the living room he sleeps on the couches as well. I specifically bought black couches so his hair is not visible to the naked eye.

That's about it really. He has every right to every nook and cranny of the house with the exception of my bed. That will always be off limits.
My dogs are not house pets so they sleep outside and watch the yard. They are generally a pretty busy set and would never conform to being inside all night any way. Not to mention how they'd wreck the furniture, especially the male one. The only thing he wouldn't chew on and rip apart is what he couldn't see. They spend the night, playing, watching and roaming around the yard, and of course sleeping. Night time is the only time their playmate from next door can sneak over too. They only tend to sleep indoors, a room on the house, when it rains. They are outdoor dogs by heart, but do show some level of curiosity about inside the house, I think more so because they wonder why the cat has the privilege of walking in and out like he's a king.
In the bedroom and on the floor. That way they feel part of the pack but aren't in the actual bed. Plus they are much quieter at night and will only bark if there is a real threat.
Interesting topic also you can find some facts from here

dogcrunch com/your-dog-sleeping-more-than-usual-reason/
Usually next to us, sleeps next to the fireplace in winter
I my bed next to me, and in his own bed downstairs during the day
My dogs have beds where they sleep. Sometimes they sleep on the couch in the living room.
Mine sleep on her bed just next to my bed. Though, I always wake up with her crawling into my bed every morning. That's how she tells me it's time for breakfast.
Usually next to us, sleeps next to the fireplace in winter
(06-21-2021, 10:37 PM)hend Wrote: [ -> ]Big Grin Usually next to us, sleeps next to the fireplace in winter

I guess you are not hot enough in the winter lol       Big Grin