Pets Keepers Guide Forums

Full Version: Dogs and the Magnetic Field
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Have you ever wondered why dogs like to sniff around first and maybe do a a circle or two before taking a poop? I always wondered that. I just found out why. You see dogs will try to align themselves with the earth magnetic field when they are about to die. They're sensitive to things of that nature. Probably why my dog runs and hides when lightning and thunder appears. 

Same can be said when they take a poop. They sniff for it, take a few strides and circles and when it feels right, they release. I find it interesting. Not the poop, but the fact that they can sense it and they try to align themselves properly to get the right energy involved in the whole process. Can you imagine people having the same sensory and a toilet that is multi-directional?

Anyways, your thoughts on this earth shattering find.

[Image: 31.jpg]
I don't know if that magnetic field affecting the dogs is true but I agree that dogs would encircle a prospected location before they do their thing. We actually induce that circling when we are teaching our dogs toilet manners. We would lay an old newspaper on the floor and place the puppy there. And to train, we would hold the neck to guide it in making a circle on the newspaper. Within a week, the puppy would be doing its thing on the newspaper and later on we would be laying the newspaper outside the house.

I forgot that sniffing, yes, they sniff the ground before making that circling move.