Pets Keepers Guide Forums

Full Version: male cat spraying?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We will be getting our male cat neutered soon. My question is after we get him fixed will he continue to spray? I have heard from people that they do mark their territory even after being fixed. Is this true? What if anything can you do about it?
I have heard that many of them stop this behavior after being neutered. Sometimes it helps to spray the areas the cat has been spraying with lavender. It hides the odor and the cat does not like the smell. A friend of mine said it helped to get her cat over the urge of wanting to spray after it was fixed.

As always what works for one cat may not work for another, but it is worth trying. Let us know if it helps or not.
It depends, if the cat has started the habit, there is a chance they will continue it fixed or not! This is why it is best to get a male cat fixed before he starts to exhibit this behavior. Like 4sweed said, it might stop the behaviour and the sent might help as well, it is all about marking their territory and showing their dominance.