Pets Keepers Guide Forums

Full Version: Train cats to use a toilet and flush it
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just found this video where a cat use a toilet to take care of his business, then he would flush it. It would be so much easier and you save money on litter box.

What do you think? Big Grin
Many years ago my mom had a friend who had a cat that would use the toilet, it was the funniest thing to watch. That cat did not flush but would meow till someone did flush.
I believe it's a think you have to do while they're young, trying to tell an adult male cat where to urinate other than the places he's already been urinating and doing his business doesn't seem like there's a high probability of success.
I wonder what those cats really think of "where did my ... go?" after the flush.
I've see those inserts they sell for your toilet to use to teach your cat. I tried it once with one cat I had that was facinated with watching the toilet flush. I tried the home made version of a disposable aluminum roasting pan. He did all right until it got to the part of taking the pan out entirely. He couldn't get the concept of standing on the seat and not down in the pan to go.
Frankly I would not want a cat using the same toilet I do...
(04-05-2012, 01:31 AM)bw Wrote: [ -> ]Frankly I would not want a cat using the same toilet I do...

Why not?
Seems a tad unsanitary to me...
(04-12-2012, 08:36 AM)bw Wrote: [ -> ]Seems a tad unsanitary to me...

Some people would even let their dogs to lick their plates.
http://petskeepersguide.com/forums/Threa...the-plates

I guess you are not one of them. Tongue