Pets Keepers Guide Forums

Full Version: Why does my cat touch my face?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Welcome Hi everyone! I'm new here and have had fun reading all these threads! I have a question of my own. Ever since he was a kitten my cat would lay on my belly to be petted. He still does this any time I lay down. Sometimes, while he's laying there, he will reach out and touch my cheek and rest his paw there. He's not a cat that particularly likes to be petted or touched unless he initiates it. Even then, you only pet him once or twice and he decides he's had enough. So why does he touch my face? Does anyone else have a cat that does this?
I was hoping someone would answer this, because we have one who does this too. It's not every time we hold her but so often she has to reach out one paw and gently rest it on our face or our neck. It's terribly cute and makes my heart melt (unless she exposes a claw to hold on, which she occasionally feels the need to do!) I just like to think she loves me so much she HAS to touch me tenderly like that to show me! Wink
(07-04-2013, 07:38 AM)Babble64 Wrote: [ -> ]I was hoping someone would answer this, because we have one who does this too. It's not every time we hold her but so often she has to reach out one paw and gently rest it on our face or our neck. It's terribly cute and makes my heart melt (unless she exposes a claw to hold on, which she occasionally feels the need to do!) I just like to think she loves me so much she HAS to touch me tenderly like that to show me! Wink

it is an incredibly sweet gesture. I feel like he's petting me .
One of our cats does this too, I'm not sure if she's trying to "pet me" back or if she's asking me to pet her more. She will stick her paw out towards me after I stop petting her, or if she hops up on the table while I am walking by. She usually doesn't go for the face though, generally my arm. It's kind of cute, because it's one of the only time she doesn't hit me with her paw and all her claws are out.
Oh my god this sounds so adorable! I won't know cause I've never had a cat, but I've played with the ones in one of my old teacher's house. They were unbelievably affectionate and cute! I'm sure it must feel amazing to have that paw resting on your cheek.! ^_^