Pets Keepers Guide Forums

Full Version: Why is my dog attracted to different colors?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know that the topic of dogs and colors has been writing about in different articles and research. I've noticed something and I'm wondering if others have as well. It involves my dog and two different blankets.

First, my quilt. It is brown with some strips of not so bright colors on one side. The other side is off white with similar strips of color. Whenever the edge of the quilt is flipped up so that the light side is showing my dog will move from wherever she is on the bed to lay on it.

Second, her paw print blanket. The one side is a golden light brown and plain. The other is a light tan with blank paw print design. I have seen her try to work the blanket to the light side.

Is this strange behavior? Does anyone else's dog do this? I am wondering if there is anything that shows dogs are attracted to light colors over dark ones. I have no explanation as to why she'd be more eager to lay on one side of the blanket than the other. They have the same texture, so it isn't that.