Pets Keepers Guide Forums

Full Version: Hello all...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My name is Dave, and just wanted to say hi. I am 37 years old, and have had animals, of various types, all my life. I have a passion for reptiles, especially snakes, and am a very dedicated reptile keeper. I have a group of carpet pythons, green tree pythons, and boas. I have also always had cats, I have three currently, a large older Maine Coon girl, a back male, and a tonkinese male. I also like fish, especially loaches, and have a couple of large clowns.

I look forward to getting to know those here and chatting in the future.

Dave
Hello, Dave! Welcome To the forum!

I wonder how your cats and snakes react to each other. Tongue

I can see why you like loaches. They are more "snake" like. Clown loaches are indeed large fish.

Look forward to add your experience and knowledge to our forums!

I only have 1 cat that even cares anymore really, he likes to watch everything in the house. My maine coon just looks at me like, "again? what is with these leggless things?" They are more interested in the lizards. I let my golden tegu play with the cats sometimes, supervised of course. The poor cats don't know what to do with it Smile
You have to be careful. I have seen video of a cat killing a snake. :p

No, cats and snakes don't meet. For the most part, they are not harmonious species. Lizards, sometimes, on the other hand...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xl4L-6OF...r_embedded#!
Cats are usually the problem. They are most likely to kill something just for fun. Snakes will only defend themselves.
Wow, you've got lots of interests! You'll fit in well here! Join the party!
Fishbone is the reptile expert here! He is educating us about pet snakes and lizards. I am his pupil!
You should also join us in the Reptile forum sometimes, Karen.
I also love cats too Karen! My big Maine coon is my baby SmileDifferent pets fit in different ways. Fish are more of a "display" type animal, cats are more of a playful cuddly type animals, that love personal attention (well, most domestic cats anyways,) and different reptiles fall into different spaces in between. I just like animals I guess. Smile Pretty much all of them. Life in general is fascinating to me.
I grew up with non-furred or feathered pets due to allergies, though most of them were my sisters. Nothing fancy. Some goldfish, those little painted turtles you used to buy at the dime store, the "chameleons" you could buy from vendors at parades, a garter snake, frogs, etc. I'm doing a series on Emergency Preparedness for Pet Owners, and when I get to how to evacuate reptiles, I'll probably ask for your input.
I could certainly help you out. I live in Florida, and actually already do this, and have done it in practice for huricanes.
Hello Dave. I must say I'm impressed. You have a great knowledge of pets and I'll know who to turn to if I want reptile advice in the future. I hope you've enjoyed your stay thus far.