Pets Keepers Guide Forums

Full Version: Cat Painting with iPad....Cute !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have seen cats that were entranced with chasing the mouse on an iPad game that is specially designed just for cats, but this is a new twist on the idea, and I think it is pretty awesome.
Cats will watch the little mouse running around on the iPad screen, and pretty soon, they will try to bat it and catch the mouse. When the cat's paw touches the screen of the iPad, it creates a blotch of colored "paint".
The cat continues to try and catch the mouse, each time leaving a new splotch of a different color on the painting. As long as the cat keeps on playing with the mouse, more and more places on the screen will be colored, until finally, you can have your very own painting made by your kitty-cat.

http://youtu.be/8mGpL2LNo4s
That sounds really cool! Also, how neat would it be to say that you have a painting that was made by your own kitty! Though, I'd be a little afraid of letting one of my babies mess around with my iPad. I'd be really worried about them accidentally breaking it, or scratching up the screen at the very least. I wonder if the game would still work if there was some sort of thing plastic cover on the iPad? That way you wouldn't have to worry about the kitty damaging your iPad accidentally.
Since there are a lot of videos on youtube of cats , dogs, and other pets playing with the iPad, I think it is pretty safe. I had wondered about that part, too, especially with cats, since they usually have very sharp little claws. I enjoyed watching the videos of frogs and lizards trying to catch "bugs" on the ipad, and I think there would be no problem with either the small reptiles or amphibians; but you would want to be sure and clean the tablet afterwards.
I know that they make protective covers for iPads, so they probably make them for other tablets as well, and if you used one of those, it would certainly help protect the tablet from accidental scratching.