Pets Keepers Guide Forums

Full Version: Opinions/Experiences with Cat Grass
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all..

I have a 9 month old kitty that has some tummy issues, vomits almost everyday (we've been to the vet numerous times and have had numerous tests done and nothing has come back as a problem) .. Heard cat grass can help soothe kitty's Tummy problems, just wondering if anyone has given this to their kitty's and what their opinion is Smile
I have a little dog, and Chipper will eat grass sometimes when he has an upset tummy. He just chews up a little bit of it when he goes outside. Recently, we discovered that what he really likes is the super-green grass that comes up under the bird feeders.
I am not sure what mixtures of grass they use in the wild bird seed, but it does grow beautiful grass when the birds throw the seed out onto the ground, and it sprouts. I have grown wheatgrass in the house before, and pets seem to like that, too. You just need to get some whole grain wheat that will sprout, plant it in a light layer of potting soil, keep it watered, and soon your pet will have all the fresh grass that they want.
You can also sprout the wild bird seed this way, which makes a nice mix of grasses and flavors for your kitty.