Pets Keepers Guide Forums

Full Version: An easy "cat cave" for your kitty.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I found this idea online, and it is how to make a cozy little kind of tent for your cat, and it is made just using every day items that you probably have around your house.
You will need two plastic coat hangers, some wire, a small cushion or pillow (like a throw pillow) and a large tee shirt.
The clothes hangers are wired together for the frame of the tent, then the pillow is put inside and everything is covered with the tee shirt. the neck of the tee shirt is where the cat goes in and out; and the bottom part of the shirt is tied together, closing the back of the cat tent.
Here is the directions and pictures, so you can see how to easily make one of these for your cat.

http://www.goodshomedesign.com/creative-...-cat-tent/
I don't think the hangers would be plastic; they'd snap in an instant. These coat hangers are the steel ones that you get when you pick up your dry cleaning or something.

This idea is wonderful! Granted, I currently have a 4x4 bookshelf that I place a pillow in and sometimes he'd like to sleep in there, but most of the time, he'd rather just be on the bed with me or on any other furniture in the house. Haha. But perhaps, one day, when I'm bored, I'll make him a little tent for him to sleep in. I can't see him saying no to something so comfortable such as that! Thanks for the link and heads up on the idea!