Pets Keepers Guide Forums

Full Version: Where Does Your Cat Love to Sleep?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My cat, Wolfy, has been spoiled since the moment we brought him to our home. When sleeping, he loves to be on pillows and under blankets just like our dog sleeps before he passed away. Whenever I come home, I always find him in 4 or more different spots around the house.

1. The edge of my bed. He loves to sleep at the edge of my bed whether I'm there or not. He typically comes to cuddle at night when it's bedtime, but most likely, he's spends a lot of his time at the edge of the bed, soaking in the sun.

2. Downstairs sofa. He LOVES the sofa. We have squishy pillows that he loves to make a nest out of. He'll circle the pillow a few times to make a circular indent and then plops down and can sleep for hours at a time.

3. Tile floor. When it's extremely hot out, Wolfy loves to lay down on the tile. It allows him to cool off from the heat. When on the tile, he often rolls over when being petted.

4. Guest bedroom. We pretend that the guest bedroom is his room. We put a blanket by the window and leave the window open (with the screen still in tact) and he sleeps by there all day. He loves it.

These are the only places that we've found him in. We wouldn't be surprised if he had more hiding places that he enjoys to rest in!

Where does your cat love to sleep in your home?
They just love sleeping inside their cage. We do give them the freedom to go around the house and the garden from time to time but when it's time to sleep, they would be the ones to just automatically go back to their cage and take their positions on the pillow. We tried to let them sleep inside our room before but they got so restless and keep on making a noise the whole night. We had to bring them down to their cage the next day.

I think this really depends on where they are most comfortable.
I have two cats, an orange tabby named Bandit and a Russian Blue named Kitty. They will sleep in the most random places. I think their most favorite place to sleep is on my bed, but only when I'm not sleeping there. When it's my bed time they leave, I think they want the bed to themselves lol. I'd say the couch is their second favorite spot. I have pillows on my couch and they like to lay on the couch with their heads on the pillow, so cute. The third spot is the computer chair. It's leather and they really love it.

Bloomsie, you mentioned your cat likes to lay on the tile floor. My orange tabby loves doing that when it's hot out, which is right about this time of year. He lays on his back with his belly exposed. Smile
He only has few places:
1.On the 3rd step of the stairs – why that particular one I don’t know!
2.On my lap
3.In plastic bags
4.And most annoying for me is on my pillow while my head is on it! I have what I call an ‘emergency pillow’ which is my spare pillow for when he steals my pillow at night and he’s too cute for me to move!
When I had cats, they each had their favorite places to sleep. One liked to sleep under my bed, right in the middle. Another liked to sleep across the back of the sofa. The third liked to sleep anywhere he thought I was going to sit. If I moved him, he would complain very loudly. And all of them would occasionally sleep in bed with me at night. One liked to curl up around the top of my head.
Both of our cats absolutely love sleeping in the beds of various family members. The cats really think they are people and almost have set bedtimes every night. They tend to sleep behind our knees or at the edge of the bed. I think the cutest part is that they like to have a pillow to lean up against. We tried buying them plush cat beds but they didn't want anything to do with them. I think they really like the human interaction that comes with sleeping in a "people bed."
My Gracie would sleep on my pillow next to my head or under the covers near my chest. Gracie loved hearing my heart. It's where I placed her to sleep as a baby when I got her. I paid $5 for her at a Flea Market. All her brothers and sisters were black Manxes with 3 inch tails or little nubs of tails, she was the only Calico with a nub of a tail. Brought her home ansl she slept with me all the time, near my chest or on my pillow by my head. Gracie passed at age 12, she was sick. Miss her very much.
I had an Orange cat named Peaches who passed away last year. She would sleep in the oddest places and positions imaginable. She would sleep with her head buried in the couch cushions and her butt in the air or she would sit on the couch like a human and lay her head back and sleep...Ive caught her sleeping on the trash can lid that swings back and forth (balancing) and the occasions she slept in the bed with you, she had to be on your face...at all times. Rofl She was definitely her own little character! Heart
I have three cats, and all of three of them have different favorite places to sleep at. Sometimes, it makes me worried because they might not be able to return, or someone might steal them. There favorite places are listed below:

1. The roof of our house: My cat Sookie always climbs the tree and takes a very long nap on the roof. I would know that she is ready to come back home because I can hear her running. Our house is a bungalow by the way.

2. Among the shoes: My cat Chi's favorite hiding/sleeping spot is my shoe rack! Fortunately, he is white as snow, so I don't have a hard time looking for him even if it's dark already.

3. Inside boxes: In our garage, my grandmother keeps a lot of boxes. When my cat Pochi is missing, I always find her there. What is it with cats and boxes? I guess I would never know.
We have 2 cats and they are total opposites!!! Our older cat is cuddly and wants to be loved all of the time. He sleeps with me every night no matter what. He jumps on the bed and steps onto my tummy and makes himself at home there for a while. Then he will move to my pillow right next to my head. He even will extend his front leg right on the side of my face. Super cute! Smile

The other cat isn't very cuddly. He likes to sleep downstairs on the couch with the dogs for the night. If we leave our door open, on occasion we will find him at the bottom of our bed.

Cats are funny !!

Danyel Smile