Pets Keepers Guide Forums

Full Version: Dog brings Trooper to house fire.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is just an awesome story, and might even bring a tear to your eye. It sure brought one to mine while watching the video !
A man was working in his shop in a remote part of Alaska, and the shop accidently caught on fire. He and Buddy, his German Shepard got out just fine, and the man cried "Buddy, we got to gt some help here ! ", and away Buddy ran.
The Trooper was trying to find the right road, and his GPS had frozen up, so he had no idea which back road the burning structure was on. Buddy came running up towards the car, and then took off down the road, looking back to see if the Trooper was following him. He led the Trooper right to the house, where the shop was totally engulfed in flames.

http://news.therawfoodworld.com/hunch-po...map=%5B%5D
That is Awesome! What a wonderful smart dog~ it reminds me of when Lassie was sent to go find Timmy Wink
All kidding aside there probably aren't many dogs out there that would be smart enough to do that.
Judy, i thought it was amazing, too !! I tink that dog just understood that there was a serious problem, and when the owner said "Go get help", he somehow knew what that meant and went looking for someone to help them.
It looked like there was no saving the shop , as engulfed with flames as it looked in the picture, but maybe they were able to get a fire truck out there and at least keep it from burning down the house as well.

I have read that dogs can pick up on our mental images, more so that just the words, although many dogs DO understand a lot of words; but when you visualize something, the animal can get the picture as well. From what i have read, not every animal and every person can do it; but when there is the right mental connection, then it happens. I had that happen with a horse that I had, and also with Bruno, my Gladiator Doberman.