Pets Keepers Guide Forums

Full Version: Camping and hiking with your pets?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How many of you enjoy camping or hiking with your pets? I haven't tried camping with my dog yet but my dog absolutely loves going on hikes with me. He's great off the leash in a hiking trail--he never strays too far but stays intrigued by his surroundings. The only thing I don't like is that he tends to find a stinky pile of poo to rub his back all over and then I'd have to wash it all off before I let him back into my car. I also check for ticks because with all the rubbing over the ground and running through thick brush, my dog tends to get bit pretty quickly, and it's a pain to take the ticks out.
I used to have two medium size dogs who loved to go hiking with me. I tended to hike in very remote areas, so it made me feel safer having them with me. They never went far from me and came back as soon as I called them. They like to snif everywhere to find out what else had been out there. They never got into anything smelly, so I was lucky there. But the loved to burrow their noses in the leaves to see what they could find.
I have a parrot, I don't think it's a good idea to take it on a hike