Pets Keepers Guide Forums

Full Version: How often do you walk dog?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How often do you walk your dog?

I usually walk my dogs at least 5 times per week however, since we've moved and we have almost 7 acres of land, they get a lot of exercise. It's been extremely hot here too so that makes a big difference. It's not safe to walk them in this kind of heat. I keep them inside where it's cool, but still allow them to go outside and run and use the "restroom."
We like to take our dog for at least one long walk (45-60 minutes) and 2 shorter walks per day. We live in the city so we don't have the luxury of letting our dog out into a large yard so we make sure to take matters into our own hands so that she gets enough exercise and has time to enjoy the outdoors. Our dog is not a morning person so the shorter walks (15-20 minutes) tend to happen in the morning and evening and around 4 pm we take her for the longer walk. She seems to like this schedule and since we have been on it for about 18 months she now has her regular dog friends that she sees when we go out at these times.
Mine is a pug, doesn't relatively need as much exercise as most dogs. I still walk him twice- in the morning and evening -for about half an hour each time and that has worked fine for him all this while.
I have crazy, energetic dalmatians so they get a minimum of a 30 minute walk per day if not more. I also run with them so they get a lot of extra exercise that way too. I'm lucky that I work at home so I have the time to make sure they get enough exercise. They are really chill inside the house when they have their walks but will be super annoying if you are running even a little late lol. You can slack at all with these two!