Pets Keepers Guide Forums

Full Version: Have you had a pet get jealous of another pet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Have you had a pet jealous of another pet for getting more attention from you?

Some pets are such attention whores. When you give more attention to one pet over another, wouldn't there be jealousy?

Haha, I'm totally with you there. Over a decade ago when my family got my ginger tabby cat, we owned a white/brown tabby who we'd had for quite a few years. Although I wouldn't say we paid more attention to the new cat per se, our other cat got very jealous and territorial and they were always at each other's throats. For a while, at least. Eventually, they accepted each other, but I guess this is what you've got to expect when bringing new pets into the household.
It could be the first cat being selfish about his "turf" rather than being jealous. Smile But we never know!
Cats are known for being territorial as all animals in the cat family do.

I have had fish being territorial against newly arrived fish. The older ones always win because they are established and more willing to defend what is "theirs".
I have a number of animals, and a very, very jealous bearded dragon. He doesn't like us paying attention to anything else Big Grin If I haven't taken him out that day, and walk by his tank with anything non-human, he turns balck, and will then ignore me when I go into his tank.
(04-28-2012, 06:36 AM)Fishbone Wrote: [ -> ]I have a number of animals, and a very, very jealous bearded dragon. He doesn't like us paying attention to anything else Big Grin If I haven't taken him out that day, and walk by his tank with anything non-human, he turns balck, and will then ignore me when I go into his tank.

Do you mean your bearded dragon turns black?

What is his typical reaction when you go into his tank when he is not jealous or having an attitude in general? Big Grin
Well, his "beard", and down his stomach turns black. And then he will close his eyes &/or turn his back on me. Normally he is quite social, and tries to jump up on me when I open him up. The funny thing is he can hold the grudge for a whole day...
(04-28-2012, 11:41 AM)Fishbone Wrote: [ -> ]Well, his "beard", and down his stomach turns black. And then he will close his eyes &/or turn his back on me. Normally he is quite social, and tries to jump up on me when I open him up. The funny thing is he can hold the grudge for a whole day...

lol ! That sounds fun. Quite an attitude your Bearded Dragon has there. Almost like me when I was a little kid.
(04-28-2012, 02:26 PM)Admin Wrote: [ -> ]lol ! That sounds fun. Quite an attitude your Bearded Dragon has there. Almost like me when I was a little kid.

Actually, that would be the perfect comparison, lol. Big Grin