Pets Keepers Guide Forums

Full Version: Can pets like dogs and cats spread coronavirus?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
According to WHO (World Health Organization), while a dog in Hong Kong was tested positive for the new coronavirus (covid-19) , so far there is no evidence pets can spread the virus to humans.  

[Image: mythbuster-1.png]

In my opinion, a lot of things can change overnight considering how fast viruses mutate. It is indeed a good idea to wash your hands after touching your pets. In the infected area, I personally would recommend not to walk your dog. Since they don't normally wear shoes, they might just bring home the unwanted stuff.

Other media have reminded people to stock up for their pets.  Especially if the owner will be quarantined.   

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/03/...-your-pets

Stay safe, everyone!
thank u for info bro! it is really useful!
omg, leave these poor animals alone, coronavirus is everywhere nowadays, it's more reasonable to be afraid of humans, not pets
I don't think so. This is the thing which doesn't make me afraid.
There have been cases of Covid infection in animals, and cats are the most prone. At first, there was not enough information, but after a year, there were cases of COVID in these cute animals. Last year when I had Covid, I didn't have any pets in the house, but the loneliness was too oppressive for me. I lived alone, worked from home, and felt anxious because of it. I decided I was going to buy a purebred dog. I really liked Samoyed, because they are so fluffy, white and very smart. It's a European breed, so it took me a while to find a puppy. I found it here europuppy.com. Now I don't have a pet, but I have a partner.
What adorable puppies! Just lovely !Maybe it's wrong to give a dog a human name, but I think it's Katie. I can't imagine her with another name. What did you call her? When I bought my Lucky, I first of all thought about how he ate properly and in a balanced way, because this is so important for a puppy. I read a lot of information on the web and it turned out that fruits are useful for them. For example, my friend said that her dog eat plums and I realized that I should treat my puppy with similar sweets.