Pets Keepers Guide Forums

Full Version: Do you prefer male or female bearded dragon?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Do you have a preference in gender/sex when it come to bearded dragon?

Is there any noticeable difference as a pet between the male and female bearded dragons?
If you have a single bearded dragon, there isn't normally a big difference, if any at all. Now, every beardie is unique, and they all have their own personalities. I knew of one beardie who had a "pet" stuffed turtle. Seriously. He loved that thing.

If you have multiple dragons it gets a bit weird. Males can be a pain in the a$$. I won't keep any other dragons in the room with my large male. He wants to assert dominance over other males, and well, you can guess what he wants to do with females. Angel They are very social critters, and watching the arm waving and head bobbing going on in a group is kind of fun...
Do people normally keep multiple bearded dragon in the same enclosure?
It doesn't sound too bad though. Many species can have territorial and dominance issues amongst themselves. At least the bearded dragons don't sound like they'd kill each other, do they?