Pets Keepers Guide Forums

Full Version: What do you use for internet?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know it used to be on desktop PC only. Later, more and more laptops. Lately, more and more ipad, iphone, other cellphones, other tablets, etc.

I still use my desktop most often when I am at home. Laptop comes the next, followed by ipad but I feel ipad is not as responsive as a real computer when switch tabs on a browser. I usually open massive amount of tabs for different web sites, and I don't like to turn them off unless I am sure I won't be visiting that site again any time soon. Many people ask me why I have that many tabs open, "because I can" I said lol.
i mainly use my laptop and occasionally my boyfriends kindle fire. this past year ive been mostly on school desktops, but im graduating so that will end :p
Lol, Ram. I'm the same as you. I like having lots of tabs open if I'm not finished with them. If I don't feel like I'm going to need it soon, but I'll want to go back to it at another time, I'll bookmark them. Especially if I need to reduce the number of tabs because it can freeze-up my browser.

Me, I use my laptop even though I have three other desktop PCs that don't get used as I need to buy a new monitor. My laptop has Windows 7, while my other three have XP and '98. If my Internet goes down at any time, before the complete panic sets in. (I rely on my Internet connection a lot to calm my anxiety disorder, it's my self-medication) I'll do whatever I can on my Blackberry, which is pretty much almost everything but watch videos. Thankfully though, I barely have down times unless there's something wrong with my modem or the communication between my house and the exchange. Which usually gets fixed within a few hours anyway because I pretty much scream the town down until I get a new modem, or the connection is fixed.
I know I am weird on this. I often have 20~30 tabs open in my Firefox. Sometimes even more. Every so often people would ask me "why?" when they see it. Big Grin It does nothing to slow down my powerful Desktop PC, but it indeed slows down my laptop sometimes. I also have too many bookmarks already. Look through bookmark and wait for it to load takes slightly longer time. I just want to be able to switch between different tabs as fast as possible. Smile
I use my laptop more when I'm out on the road when I need to do the more heavy work of writing or working on sites, otherwise I use my phone. With a smartphone, it makes it easy to work when your wanting to just browse Facebook, G+ or anything else quickly. Have the desktop at home for the heavy hitting things like graphics and games.
I use my laptop. I really don't like tablets, and if I use the phone it's really because I have no other choice (when I am outside, I don't always have my laptop just in case Big Grin )

But it's more comfortable to use a laptop, at least for me
I have three computers. I have a laptop and two desktops. I like to use my laptop the most because it is more convenient and the screen is lower so I can see the tv. It is also portable and so I can move around the house. I usually work on the laptop and watching tv on one of the desktops.
I have a desktop computer but only the hard drive - no monitor, which I haven't used in years. My main source for the internet is one of two laptops, my personal laptop and then I use for work. I was actually considering getting a new laptop in the near future as my son seems to have developed a love for online gaming. I'd let him use my old one while I use the new one however. I keep eyeballing those alienware laptops but I'm not sure I could convince myself to spend that much money on something like that. When I'm out and about I use my phone for the internet if I have to look something up or find a map to get somewhere.