Pets Keepers Guide Forums

Full Version: Dog Parks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone have dog parks near where you live? This is a great place that just has become popular for cities to add into parks. Some of the dog parks are split in such a way that you have one area just for medium to large dogs and another area for the small dogs. This was the smart way of doing things as an owner doesn't need to worry about the size of the dog and it interacting with their own in a negative way.
There is no dog park I know in this area. People just walk their dogs everywhere.
Sometimes a few of them gather around on some small playgrounds.

I think in crowded cities, there are so little room for people. Dog specific park isn't going to be popular with non dog owners. In fact some parks do not allow you to take dogs inside.
Yes, we have a variety of dog parks in my city. I think they are a great idea as dogs are banned from some public parks and areas and this way there is still somewhere for dog owners to walk their dogs and even socialize their dogs with others. They aren't busy and usually each park would have only two owners present at any one time. Sometimes there are free doggy doo doo bags (yes that's what they call them) and taps for owners to fill up their dogs bowl.

The parks are all different too. Some are just plain grassy fields while others are next to the beach or up a hill track.
We have a fair amount of dash parks here too, and a few "dog beaches". I think its a great idea. I don't know why anyone would be against them, I don't own a dog, so I don't go to any of them, but I think its a good thing.
(06-05-2012, 10:55 PM)Fishbone Wrote: [ -> ]We have a fair amount of dash parks here too, and a few "dog beaches". I think its a great idea. I don't know why anyone would be against them, I don't own a dog, so I don't go to any of them, but I think its a good thing.

You know not everyone is a fan of dogs.
some people do not like dogs.
Some people are afraid of dogs.

My grandma for example, she'd walk the other way if a dog is coming, or a dog is simply standing there on the road.

Not everyone wants to be near other people's dogs.