Pets Keepers Guide Forums

Full Version: Favorite dog training book?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've got a few dog training books on my shelf. The one I like the most and refer to when I have questions or concerns is "Good Owners, Great Dogs" by Brian Kilcommons.

I like his approach to dog training. He has common sense ideas to solving behavior problems. They are usually easy things that I can do without too much trouble.

What is your favorite dog training book?
I don't have one in particular because I would always try to start with reading the "... for Dummies" books.

However, I do have a favorite author because her training manuals are easier to follow for a novice user. Her name is Caroline Coile. I've read her A Complete Pet Owner's Manual on American Eskimo Dogs and Congratulations, it's a Dog! book. They were interesting and easy to understand.

When it comes to advanced training, I tend to watch videos made by Leerburg Kennels. He's the guy who trains police dogs particularly German Shepherds and Belgian Malinois.

pomseekt

there are many good dog training books. dogs are the very good pets. dog should be trained properly as they have become the part of our day to day life.