Pets Keepers Guide Forums

Full Version: Bird and cat lady saying hi!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there!

My name's Jen, and I've had pets ever since I was 5 years old. I've had cats, birds, guinea pigs, hamsters, hermit crabs, turtles, and fish. My favorite pets are cats and birds, and I currently have one of each. I'd have more pets if I could, but the husband says no. Yeah, cats and birds can be a tricky combination, but it can work if you're careful!

That's Buzzy, my cockatiel, in my avatar. He's a rescue birdie who'd previously been kept in overcrowded conditions. The other birds plucked his feathers out because he was the smallest, which is why he has a bald neck. He's spoiled rotten now, though!
Nice to have you here! Welcome There are lots of cat people here, including me Big Grin (Don't let the snakes scare you) Big Grin But we don't have many bird owners yet.
Thanks for the welcome!

Haha, the snakes don't bother me (as long as they don't try to eat my bird). Wink I've never had a snake of my own, but I helped take care of a boa when I worked at a science museum. She was a cool critter!
Welcome !

Most people who are into fish and reptiles also own cats.

Although I think cats and certain other pets don't mix well, such as birds. Big Grin

Does your cat bother your bird at all?
I have cats only; currently ten, not all mine. I just found the owner of the stray mother cat with three kittens, so I'm back down to ten, that is.