Pets Keepers Guide Forums

Full Version: My cat just made my partner's leg her scratching post
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There are a number of things I love about cats. One would be their endearing independence

There's also a number of times that I can't deal with their mannerisms no matter how cute it is. One time, my brother's kitten decided to make herself comfortable by making my partner's leg a scratching post. My partner thought it was just a series of insect bites. Little did he know he was ending up with multiple scratches on the side of his leg.

Are there things your cat did that are unforgettable to you?
Your cat scratched your partner's leg and he wasn't aware of it? I think you should take your partner to the hospital as soon as possible and have him checked for loss of feeling in his lower limbs. There must be something wrong if he cannot feel your cat scratching his leg.

As for my cats, they are all unforgettable. Regrettable? Not really. Unforgivable? I doubt it. I just love my cats. Even the time when Black Beauty insisted on having her kittens on my bed.
All of my cats also do many unforgettable things. I love each of them and their unique personalties. One of the worst things my first cat did that I'll never forget, though he was my all-time favorite and most beloved pet, was when he viciously bit me. He was inside but "fighting" with another cat that was outside on the other side of the doorwall when I decided to put a stop to it by inserting my foot between my cat and the doorwall he was going nuts on. Lesson learned: do not insert any body part between two fighting animals!
Then there was the calico that was great at giving back rubs. She was also a great housekeeper and tended to the litter box, covering the boy's "business" up since they weren't careful about it. She also would always obey, even when she was unhappy about it, but would always "back talk" as she did what I ordered her to do.
My current DSH goes around the house poking into corners looking for spiders to eat. Now THAT is a behavior I LOVE! I hate spiders! Eat 'em up, kitty! ;-)
My Tonkinese drives me nuts with his cruelty to the other cats, especially his constant tormenting of the Bengal. But he is also the most lovable and affectionate cat I've ever had. He's made me want to ONLY have the Tonkinese breed for future cats, but only ONE at a time!
The Bengal is very unique in personality. I love her gravelly voice and her barking like a dog and her heavy sighs and chuffing. She also snores very loudly, which seems to drive my Tonk crazy. She is different in so many ways that will always be unforgettable.
Using a human leg as scratch post?

How did that happen?
How can he not feel it? Was he asleep when the cat scratching his leg? I could feel a mosquito if it make a stop on my leg.