Pets Keepers Guide Forums

Full Version: Kitten Survives 6,500 Mile Journey
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys. I read this online and thought I would share. A 3 month old kitten that got trapped in a shipping container without food or water survived a 6,500 mile trip from Shanghai, China to Los Angeles, California. After getting some tender loving care from volunteers, he is expected to recover.

http://www.pawnation.com/2012/07/20/kitt...me/#page=1

[Image: o-asd-900.jpeg]
Oh no, It's going to make me cry. It's so beautiful.

Animals are so amazing. I hope he will have a long and happy life. Actually I am sure he will be spoiled wth love and attention after that >
Such an innocent kitten! Do they know if he has an owner?
They didn't say anything about an owner. The kitten's eyes are closed because he was trapped in a dark shipping container and didn't get any sunlight. Since he came all the way from China, they named him Ni Hao.
(07-23-2012, 02:12 PM)ACSAPA Wrote: [ -> ]They didn't say anything about an owner. The kitten's eyes are closed because he was trapped in a dark shipping container and didn't get any sunlight. Since he came all the way from China, they named him Ni Hao.

"Ni hao" translates directly as "you good". It's a customary Chinese greeting equivalent to "howdy".

That's a really incredible journey for the kitten. Just hope that it's properly checked and quarantined before being released to its new home. We never know what other parasites might have hitched a ride with it.