Pets Keepers Guide Forums

Full Version: How do You Care for Female Cats on Their Period?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Throughout my entire life, I've only owned male cats. Recently, I've been wanting to adopt a female cat but I don't know what to expect. All I really do know is that female cats are much more territorial than the males and they tend to have a little more personality than one can handle.

If getting a female, do they still have their periods from time to time? Like for a male, even though they are fixed, they sometimes spray from time to time to designate their territory. Would the female be spotting from time to time, too?

However, a part of me doesn't want to fix the female because they tend to be very aggressive afterwards and I'd rather a calm, cuddling cat than one who can't handle the world.

So if they were to have their period, how often would they get it and how would you care for them? Are there cat diapers that are sold or is there a specific way to train/care for them? In addition, what unusual activities do females start to do before and during their menstrual cycle?