Pets Keepers Guide Forums

Full Version: Female dogs not getting along
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have two female dogs, one being a German Shepard and the other being an English Mastiff. They are both incredibly sweet and I love them dearly. The only problem I am having with these two is aggression towards each other.

The aggression towards each other wasn't a regular thing before. My Mastiff bullies my Shepard and it has gotten to a point where my dogs need to stay outside every single day. They are no longer in the house due to constantly fighting and breaking things in the house. It broke my heart, but I couldn't handle the trouble they were causing.

Outside, they seem to get along just fine until someone comes outside to say hello. I'm wondering if this is a jealousy issue or a dominance issue. I will occasionally see my Mastiff bully my Shepard out the window, but it's not nearly as common as when someone goes outside to say hello to them.

Is there any way to get around this behavior issue or is this just "dogs being dogs?"