Pets Keepers Guide Forums

Full Version: the best way to get snake poop out of water?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
well, self explanatory. thor pooped in his water. im wondering what kinds of ideas people can come up with to get the poop out of the water without changing the whole bucket of water. i tried using a Styrofoam cup with holes poked in the bottom as a kind of net. it kind of worked, but the poop did break apart some, so ill have to do a water change. any ideas?

fishbone, you should have some knowledge on this Wink
Maybe use a big spoon?
Or an aquarium vacuum? It is how we clean fish poop out of the water.

Personally I think it is a better idea to give your snake clean water every day if it is not too troublesome for you. Smile
(09-19-2012, 02:36 PM)Ram Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe use a big spoon?
Or an aquarium vacuum? It is how we clean fish poop out of the water.

Personally I think it is a better idea to give your snake clean water every day if it is not too troublesome for you. Smile

ehh, i found out his poop will turn his water into a bacteria bath. so i just changed his water. ram, i would change his water everyday, except for the fact that it is a 12 qt dishpan and i have to take the lid completely off his enclosure to get it in and out. but, hes only supposed to poop once a week, so i can handle that :p
Sorry Manda, been a hectic week and weekend at work. I hate to say it, but just change it. With larger boas, you may discover this is his favorite place to do his business. I agree with you on the bacterial front. I dump, sanitize quickly, and replace. That's actually one of the reasons I use large plastic litter pans for boas, easy to move and clean. Sorry Manda, I have yet to figure a way around it. My tegu does the same thing a few times a week Sad