Pets Keepers Guide Forums

Full Version: Lawyer Provision for Pit Bull's Defense
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:A judge in Georgia has appointed a lawyer to defend a pit bull that could be euthanized for attacking a neighbor's 5-year-old child, a court official said on Friday.
Source

I have no idea what to say. I wish the BCC alllowed this when it came to Lennox case... but that was just too much to ask of them, especially since they weren't listening to what anyone had said.

Here's the fact though, Kno (the pit bull) did maul the child. So I don't know. I wish that same opportunity was given to other pit bulls who have been unjustly incarcerated or killed even when they hadn't hurt anyone.
As a landlord of many apartments, I've had more problems with pit bull's biting residents than any other type of dog. I've had a few incidences with Mastiff's, but the pit bulls are just the worse. I will not allow any pets over 25 pounds in one of my units. People that insist on very large dogs should become home owners. Big dogs need room.
As much as I love dogs, I will not defend dogs who bite or maul people, especially children. In my opinion, once a dog has bitten or mauled a person, especially a child, then they need to be euthanized. Perhaps, owners will select more gentle breeds of dogs or train their dogs better. No excuse for dogs who bite and maul children.

And I agree, large dogs need space - large amount of space. They don't belong in confined living situations such as apartments or town houses. As much as we all love dogs, dogs are dogs and we need to respect them as dogs. That means we need to provide what they need, large dogs need a large area to run and live, etc.