Pets Keepers Guide Forums
Pets as stress relievers - Printable Version

+- Pets Keepers Guide Forums (http://petskeepersguide.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (http://petskeepersguide.com/forums/Forum-General)
+--- Forum: General Pet Discussion Forum (http://petskeepersguide.com/forums/Forum-General-Pet-Discussion-Forum)
+--- Thread: Pets as stress relievers (/Thread-Pets-as-stress-relievers)

Pets as stress relievers - Corzhens - 06-03-2016

More than 10 years ago, I was discovered to have high blood pressure when I got dizzy in a mall. The doctor prescribed maintenance medication and told me to take it easy with my job. Hypertension can lead to a stroke and I have to de-stress to avoid that condition. While mulling on my health condition, our mixed breed Jedi, came near me and sat beside my leg. On impulse, I patted her head. In that instance, I felt something different as if my spirit was lifted somehow. I knelt to caress Jedi who was now laying on the floor. After 5 minutes in that position, my demeanor had changed for the better.

For so many years now, I seem to be free of stress whenever I come home to the welcome barks of our dogs. And even if I am so tired in driving on the crowded roads, I would be comforted by our dogs especially by Barbie who is a cuddly pekingese.

RE: Pets as stress relievers - maryannballeras - 06-03-2016

I am working and I have to travel for almost three hours because of the location of my office. Because of this and the workload as well, I always get stressed. I even get headaches sometimes. But still, I always look forward to getting back home because I know that my dogs are waiting for me. I always feel relaxed whenever my dogs are around. They are very sweet and they will make you feel that they appreciate you coming back home to them. They might have messed with some things around the house a little bit, but that's okay. It's still worth it.

RE: Pets as stress relievers - Panorea W. - 06-17-2016

I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and the pain can often cause me physical and emotional stress. My stress is definitely reduced by having a wonderful pet baby named Rudolf, for 14 years.

RE: Pets as stress relievers - Novelangel - 06-18-2016

Animals always seem to know when you are sick, hurting or stressing and they make themselves available to you as little furry comforters. My cat is no exception, even though she only tolerates just so much cuddling, she will always hang around me if I'm not feeling well. If I'm stressed out a bit, I can reach for her and her soft fur does help a little. Getting away from the stressful situation is what helps me out the most, but my kitty is a huge health benefit and I love having her around. When I lived with multiple cats they were a real blessing. If I needed a little cuddle time, one or another of them was always around to provide that, so a nice little soft and furry squeeze would always bring a smile to my face even during the worst stressful moments. I call it 'stealing some soft', and sometimes I'll say that to my girl. "Hey baby girl, I need some soft, can I steal some from you?" I swear that cat rolls her eyes at me. Then she sighs and puts up with my hugging, but only for a little bit. She does have self-respect, you know. It's a give and take thing too, I've noticed. When she's stressing out, she will come and find me wherever I happen to be, and sit by my feet, as if to say, "make it stop, mom." Cats are just that smart.

RE: Pets as stress relievers - Doggie Lover - 06-21-2016

I was diagnosed with anxiety as a preteen, and I have found that my dogs greatly reduce my stress. They are really good at knowing when I'm nervous or stressed out about a situation, and comfort me a lot. I would love to be able to have a registered therapy dog for my anxiety, so that I can bring my dog with me- a lot of my anxiety manifests in social situations where it's not really appropriate to bring a dog along- but they are so expensive! Just being able to cuddle up to my dogs and feel their fur really helps though, I don't really remember what I did when I was sad or upset before I had my doggies!

RE: Pets as stress relievers - Hales - 03-03-2020

Pets do certainly help you to reduce your stress and depression. They offer you comfort and love and makes you feel relaxed.

RE: Pets as stress relievers - Savage Sturgis - 05-31-2020

I agree with that. Our pets know how to make everyone around them smile. However, there were times when I was too busy to work. I forgot and made my bird depressed. I was panicked if you met that situation, how would you handle it? I had to ask a lot of people and tried a lot of ways. My suggestion to you if your pet is depressed. Take them for a walk around the sea, look for toys for them, and of course, I do the same to my bird. In short, I would recommend that you pay more attention to your pet's mood

RE: Pets as stress relievers - petsuppliers - 11-20-2020

Pets, especially dogs and cats, can reduce stress, anxiety, and depression, ease loneliness, encourage exercise and playfulness, and even improve your cardiovascular health. Caring for an animal can help children grow up more secure and active. Pets also provide valuable companionship for older adults.

https://fommy.com/collections/pet-supplies

RE: Pets as stress relievers - EmmaWilliam - 11-28-2020

my pets are the greatest companions!