Pets Keepers Guide Forums
Who here trust pit bulls? - Printable Version

+- Pets Keepers Guide Forums (http://petskeepersguide.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Mammal Forum (http://petskeepersguide.com/forums/Forum-Mammal-Forum)
+--- Forum: Dog Forum (http://petskeepersguide.com/forums/Forum-Dog-Forum)
+--- Thread: Who here trust pit bulls? (/Thread-Who-here-trust-pit-bulls)

Who here trust pit bulls? - fishyfriend - 06-30-2016

pit bulls have such a bad reputation n. some even saying that even if your pit is friendly it will turn on you one day. what has been you guys experiences?

RE: Who here trust pit bulls? - cecejailer - 06-30-2016

I don't really trust them to the point of actually coming to them and petting them, but I believe that the only reason pitbulls are known as angry, dangerous dogs, is because they're usually trained to be that way. Because of that stereotype, most owners buy pitbulls with the intent of teaching them to be a protector and a fighter. But I believe any dog that is treated with kindness and love from the beginning, and taught not to attack, but to behave, the dog will grow up to be kind. Maybe pitbulls tend to be more aggressive than other breeds, yes, but that doesn't mean he's more inclined to hurting people, unless he's taught to do so or is in a situation if extreme fear.

RE: Who here trust pit bulls? - Corzhens - 06-30-2016

I have seen several video clips of vicious fighting dogs particularly the pit bull. There was one video where a pit bull mangled a German Shepherd that looked helpless against a small pit bull. They say that fighting dogs are trained to be ferocious and to have the so called killer instinct. I hate to imagine that a pit bull would attack my dog, I wouldn't know how I would react.

We have been going to dog festivals and pet occasions but I don't think I have seen a pit bull. I only have seen a pit bull once when we were in Singapore. But that pit bull looked tame so I guess I should not be scared but I didn't have the guts to come near it.

RE: Who here trust pit bulls? - Kristenfields - 07-01-2016

I love pit bulls! Yes, some are mean. But most of them are so loveable and sweet! It really all depends on how they was raised and treated.

RE: Who here trust pit bulls? - Lisa Davis - 07-04-2016

My best mate has raised pit bulls for a very long time. They are all very friendly and none of them have ever shown any sign of turning on her or anyone in her family. I will say that they are great family dogs and are even great with children. However, if you are a stranger, these dogs have a tendency to be extremely protective. Therefore, I wouldn't go acting aggressively or loudly around a pit bull and scare them or make them think that you are a threat to their loved ones. As most people have said, any animal has the capability of being a danger, but it is largely dependent upon how they are raised, as well as how they have been treated over the course of their lifetime. Animals that have been abused in the past can be leery of other humans because they have been abused. Therefore, if you are rescuing an animal, please keep in mind that you never know for sure how the animal has been treated in the past.

RE: Who here trust pit bulls? - joshposh - 07-08-2016

There is nothing wrong with Pitbulls. I would never blame a dog for the way it acts or behaves around people. I always blame the owners for not teaching their dogs proper behavior and mannerism.

Dogs are animals and if they are not trained properly they will over power you and behave unruly. If left unchecked they will try to overpower you and be the "pack leader". Which should never be allowed.

I will always blame the owners for the actions of their dogs. All owners are responsible for their dogs actions. it doesn't matter if you breed is chihuahua or a Bull Mastif, their behavior is shaped by their owners irresponsibility.

But you asked do I trust Pitbulls? The answer is, I don't trust any dog that I don't know. It's like with strangers in everyday life. If you don't know them, you have no reason to trust them.

RE: Who here trust pit bulls? - pooch495 - 01-13-2019

I owned one and it was a truly a once in a lifetime dog. The most loyal, smart, sweet, and by far the most athletic dog ever. It;s like having a kid who's an olympic athlete. But you always have to be careful not so much for your dog but when it comes to other owners not using a leash or training thier dogs etc. Because if there is a problem as a pitbull owner you will get blamed. And your dog can be taken away. Best breed ever, but a big responsibility. And NOT the breed for everyone.

RE: Who here trust pit bulls? - CodyCobey - 05-16-2019

I am just trying to understand the name of your question. Yes, I love pit bulls. I don't think they are very good guards but yes, they are trustworthy for their master if there is strong bonding at both ends.