Pets Keepers Guide Forums
$50 cash reward for the most dedicated members - Printable Version

+- Pets Keepers Guide Forums (http://petskeepersguide.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (http://petskeepersguide.com/forums/Forum-General)
+--- Forum: Community (http://petskeepersguide.com/forums/Forum-Community)
+---- Forum: Announcement (http://petskeepersguide.com/forums/Forum-Announcement)
+---- Thread: $50 cash reward for the most dedicated members (/Thread-50-cash-reward-for-the-most-dedicated-members)

$50 cash reward for the most dedicated members - Thor - 03-21-2012

A $50 cash reward for the most dedicated members

We are running a competition to reward the most dedicated members on this Forum.

Anyone who has signed up and activated his or her account on the Forum would be automatically entering the competition.

At the end of May, 2012, we will choose the most dedicated members.

In order to be chosen, you must have a minimum of average 5 posts per day, and a minimal total of 150 posts. In other words, you have to be a member of the forum for at least 30 days. What if you joined late? Don’t worry. All your posts will be counted toward the next month’s competition.

Once we gathered a list of all the members who meet the minimal requirements, we will be picking the final winner among those chosen ones!

(The following are just tips for the case where multiple members meet the requirements. If there is only one member meet the minimal requirement, then this member will get the prize money as long as his/her posts are not spam)

Tips for being the final winner
1. Make quality posts
You can post hot topics to attract other members for an interesting conversation.
You can reply to other members with informative posts. Extra bonus if you solved someone’s problem.
Posts such as “Great”, “interesting”, or “I agree with you” will not be considered as “high quality.” Therefore, please try to avoid such posts without further information.
Please do not spam with pointless threads or similar threads.

2. Create activities
A member’s ability to initiate some good conversations on the forum will be considered creative during the decision-making process of picking the final winner.

3. Contribute to the community (This is not required, but welcomed)
If you are knowledgeable about a certain pet, or if you have experience using certain pet products and services, we welcome you to write informative articles about them. You can simply post them as new threads under the correct category. If your article is your original idea with high quality content, a forum staff will contact you via a private message if you are interested in having your article being added to the Library section of this web site. The more your articles are being listed in the Library, the more likely you will be chosen as the winner!
(You can certainly write about some common topics such as beginners’ guide for a certain pet. Just make sure to post your original work with your own words.).

The competition ends on 5/31/2012, at the same time the next competition begins. Watch for an announcement of the winner in early June! The winner will be contacted by forum staff via a private message.

(Update on April 24th: We reserve the right to cancel the event if there is a lack of participation or if there is wide spread abuse of the event. Notification of the cancellation will be announced no later than a week before the end of the competition)

The competition for June will be announced at the end of May. New rules might apply.

The winner can still enter and win the competition for the next month.

Good luck with the competition!

The Prize - The cash reward will only be sent through Paypal. If you do not yet have a PayPal account, go ahead get one now. It is the easiest and the safest way to transfer money online. Smile

If you have any questions or comment, you can post a reply in this thread.

Good luck on winning the competition!

RE: $50 cash reward for the most dedicated members - bw - 03-22-2012

Not saying I could ever win but IF I did, could you send the $50.00 to a shelter if I provide to you the name & address?

RE: $50 cash reward for The Most Dedicated Members - Thor - 03-22-2012

(03-22-2012, 08:59 AM)bw Wrote: Not saying I could ever win but IF I did, could you send the $50.00 to a shelter if I provide to you the name & address?

The reward will only be sent through Paypal.

If you can provide a Paypal email address to receive the money, then sure. Wink

RE: $50 cash reward for the most dedicated members - bw - 03-23-2012

I will ask them should the need ever arise. Confused

RE: $50 cash reward for the most dedicated members - Thor - 03-23-2012

You can always receive it yourself and then hand it to them.

RE: $50 cash reward for the most dedicated members - bw - 03-23-2012

I would prefer to remain anonymous. But, that is a big IF we are talking about. I was just wondering if it would be doable.

RE: $50 cash reward for the most dedicated members - Thor - 04-15-2012

From the look of it, nobody has meet the minimal requirement of 5 posts per day as of today.
If there is only one member who meet the minimal requirement, then the prize money will go to him/her without competition, as long as there are minimal 150 quality posts (good posts without spam, which can be questions and replies that contain good content).

RE: $50 cash reward for the most dedicated members - Thor - 06-07-2012

This contest has ended. The announcement of the winner is right here.

RE: $50 cash reward for the most dedicated members - beyre - 06-09-2012

Is there a contest for the month of June?

RE: $50 cash reward for the most dedicated members - Thor - 06-09-2012

Not yet. It will be announced soon.

RE: $50 cash reward for the most dedicated members - Thor - 06-18-2012

In case you haven't noticed, this contest was ended with Fishbone as the winner. Clap

For more details, see this thread.