Pets Keepers Guide Forums
What weird foods will YOUR cat eat? - Printable Version

+- Pets Keepers Guide Forums (http://petskeepersguide.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Mammal Forum (http://petskeepersguide.com/forums/Forum-Mammal-Forum)
+--- Forum: Cat Forum (http://petskeepersguide.com/forums/Forum-Cat-Forum)
+--- Thread: What weird foods will YOUR cat eat? (/Thread-What-weird-foods-will-YOUR-cat-eat)

Pages: 1 2

RE: What weird foods will YOUR cat eat? - helaofthenorns - 10-05-2014

I just found out that my Siamese cat likes carbonara. I try to stop her because milk is bad for cats, but she doesn't want to be stopped! She especially likes it when she gets to sneak licks on my plate when I am done eating. How do you discourage this behavior?

RE: What weird foods will YOUR cat eat? - FunkyMonkey - 10-25-2014

My one is fairly good when it comes to people food, but I've found she *loves* peanut butter, which is weird because there's no butter in it. She's also had a crack at almonds and fresh coconut. Rolleyes

MichiganMom - thanks for the heads-up about spinach. I was aware that garlic and onions can be deadly but I didn't know about that. Wren's had a nibble on spinach before now when I've left it out to defrost, so I'll take extra care from now on. Which I was obviously doing anyway because I didn't want to eat cat spit for dinner or anything. Hide

RE: What weird foods will YOUR cat eat? - letpet - 10-27-2014

Melons. Once stole a slice from my plate )

RE: What weird foods will YOUR cat eat? - cyberpuppet - 10-28-2014

(10-05-2014, 03:20 PM)Kwriter93 Wrote: My cat, Sunny, loves to eat nearly anything he can sink his teeth into. He has the eating tastes of a dog! Here's just a few things that he likes to eat that are way out of the norm. He enjoys mashed potatoes, ice cream, potato skins, chicken flavored rice, anything fried, pieces of bread, mayonnaise, sandwich meat (he literally begs for this when the refrigerator is open), and his two most favorite weird foods are *drumroll* Doritos and Sun Chips. If he realizes that you're eating Sunchips or Doritos, he will forcefully nudge his little head to your hand and wait for his chance to steal. He's such a silly boy, I believe I have the weirdest cat that ever existed.

My mummy cat is a bit crisp/snack fan - especially spicy ones like sweet chilli flavour for some reason. If someone is eating crisps or corn snacks she will come and beg - if one drops on the floor she will pounce on it.

Her 2 "kittens" (2 and half now and bigger than her) are far more conservative in their tastes and dont really eat anything weird. They are curious when she gets crisps to eat but if given their own just sniff them and dont eat them.

RE: What weird foods will YOUR cat eat? - Laura Greenbrier - 02-11-2015

Carolina loves bits of strong-flavored cheese including Romano, feta, and blue cheese. She also likes little dabs of sour cream and yoghurt. I know milk is not really advisable for cats, but I wonder if these dairy foods are all right for her, in the same way that milk is indigestible to my lactose-intolerant husband, though he loves and eats with no problem any sort of yoghurt or cheese.

Carolina also enjoys bits of deli meat. We have been sawing away at a giant summer sausage from Costco, and I cut up a tiny bit and put it on her plate just as an additional "thing" in her day.

RE: What weird foods will YOUR cat eat? - yesterdaysmiles - 05-07-2015

I had a cat that ate black-eyed peas and cornbread. When I fed him my homemade macaroni salad, I would come back later and find his bowl licked clean, except for a few green peas. Most cats will try to sneak up on you while you're eating to get a bite, or they will sit and stare at you until you break down and share. I had a cat that was so cool that he would just stand up on his hind legs and help himself to anything on my plate. He was found as a tiny little thing, with eyes that had just opened. I fed him with a dropper until he was big enough to eat on his own, so I think he really thought he was a person.

RE: What weird foods will YOUR cat eat? - Shihtzufan - 05-07-2015

The only human foods that our cat shows any interest in whatsoever are salmon, and bacon. He has expensive taste with the salmon, because he will creep over to us if we've bought some nice salmon fillet cuts and grilled them for dinner, and try and get up on our laps to see if we will give him any. As for the bacon, we were giving our dog a tiny bit as a treat, and our cat showed interest too...we were surprised because up until that point he only ate dry cat food and never ever showed an interest in our human food at all!
It's funny, because my previous cat that has since passed away would eat ANY human food - you couldn't leave a plate unattended for even a moment without him trying to nibble something off it -- and since some foods aren't good for cats that was a big concern of ours! I guess all cats have their own particular taste with what they like, just like us as humans!!