Pets Keepers Guide Forums
Ok, I'll admit I've done it, have you? - Printable Version

+- Pets Keepers Guide Forums (http://petskeepersguide.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discussions (http://petskeepersguide.com/forums/Forum-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (Off Topic) (http://petskeepersguide.com/forums/Forum-General-Discussion-Off-Topic)
+--- Thread: Ok, I'll admit I've done it, have you? (/Thread-Ok-I-ll-admit-I-ve-done-it-have-you)

Ok, I'll admit I've done it, have you? - Death2Housework - 07-25-2013

I was working as a bartender in Northern Wisconsin years ago. I had a group of young guys in who were snowmobiling and having a few drinks. They were actually bragging about chasing a coyote down until it was so exhausted they overtook him. They ran him over, for no reason, and they were laughing and having a grand old time. I casually went past the window and took down the liscense number of the truck. When they left, I called the local Game Warden and turned them in. Has anyone else turned anyone in for animal cruelty and how did you come to the decision to do it? Gen068

RE: Ok, I'll admit I've done it, have you? - hollyleann - 07-26-2013

I haven't...yet! But believe me if I saw something cruel happening to a innocent animal I would definitely without a doubt turn them in.
This topic was recently all over social media sites when a Walmart employee reported a dog being left in an overheated car whilst the owner went shopping. The employee actually got into trouble by her boss because the dog owner had complained about her just because she had voiced her opinion about leaving his dog in a car on a hot day with no windows down. How backwards is that?

I think its great that you turned them in and we need more people to act when they see something they know is wrong because it is too easy to turn a blind eye these days and sick individuals shouldn't be allowed to get away with any form of cruelty against animals.

RE: Ok, I'll admit I've done it, have you? - BWP - 08-05-2013

(07-26-2013, 04:33 AM)hollyleann Wrote: I haven't...yet! But believe me if I saw something cruel happening to a innocent animal I would definitely without a doubt turn them in.
This topic was recently all over social media sites when a Walmart employee reported a dog being left in an overheated car whilst the owner went shopping. The employee actually got into trouble by her boss because the dog owner had complained about her just because she had voiced her opinion about leaving his dog in a car on a hot day with no windows down. How backwards is that?

I think its great that you turned them in and we need more people to act when they see something they know is wrong because it is too easy to turn a blind eye these days and sick individuals shouldn't be allowed to get away with any form of cruelty against animals.

Death2Housework did the right thing. It is very cruel and inhumane to treat animals like this. I really do not know how people can consciously cause the suffering of another being and make a joke out of it. You wouldn't want the same thing to happen to you,son why do it to others? There just isn't enough education and awareness regarding this sort of thing and I sincerely hope anyone reading this post will become more aware of treating other living things in a respectful manner.

Even my grandmother, a staunch Buddhist, would slaughter a chicken by chopping it's head off in one sure stroke to make sure it did not suffer, while at the same time saying a prayer in Chinese to thank it for its sacrifice in order to feed the family. Even she understood the need to treat animals in a humane way.

RE: Ok, I'll admit I've done it, have you? - Tribie - 08-10-2013

I think what you did was a heroic and brave thing. If they figure out that you were the one who had reported them they might cause trouble for you and get back at you. I think this is what most people would fear when faced with a situation like this. People would rather not get involved due to the fact that it might complicated their lives. Killing animals just for fun should not be tolerated even if the animal that they killed was dangerous. Even animals kill for a better reason. Those people deserve to be apprehended. I hope they learn their lesson and not do it again.

RE: Ok, I'll admit I've done it, have you? - intothebleach - 08-16-2013

I haven't and thankfully I haven't had to. You did the right thing. What horrible people firstly for doing it in the first place and then secondly for bragging about it. I did have some one kick my dog once when she was a puppy. He kicked her so hard she did a double saumersault. He ran off so I couldn't get a good look at him to report him to the Police. They wouldn't have done anything anyway to be honest. Some people are just hateful

RE: Ok, I'll admit I've done it, have you? - Silverwolve - 08-16-2013

I applaud you for what you did. I know if I were in that same situation I would do the same if not more. Might even cost me my job if I voiced my displeasure to them directly. Animal cruelty is something I can not stand one bit. It is a defenseless animal that has done no harm to you, why would you decide to murder it? I can not understand what would lead people to do things like these and even worse. I live in a fairly big city and have heard news of teenagers burning animals alive. I can not believe the things some people do these days. What ever happened to humanity or compassion?

RE: Ok, I'll admit I've done it, have you? - alycat32 - 08-20-2013

I have not thankfully witnessed any form of animal cruelty in person. My neighbor was telling me that before we moved into the area there was a husband and wife with no kids that lived on our street. They had a cocker spaniel they would literally leave tied up on the enclosed back porch day and night. The neighbors complained about the barking, but nothing was done.

People on the street started kind of keeping tabs on the dog and would notice the water bowl wasn't filled while the dog was barking and stuck in the hot sun. Also the patio was covered in feces. That was enough for the housing manager to investigate and then someone came and took the dog. I guess some people fail to realize you have to interact with your dogs. You just don't leave them on a chain 24/7.

RE: Ok, I'll admit I've done it, have you? - Eudora13 - 09-09-2013

I'm so happy to read about what you did! I feel sorry for people who hurt animals, how miserable and deprived they must be to have to get their kicks out of such inhuman acts. Unfortunately, where I come from, there aren't too many laws on animal rights, and those that are there are rarely implemented. The authorities are more concerned about keeping an 'image' rather than doing some work. Sad. I know.

I've seen people throw stones at dogs and cats. There is no one to report these to but I do make it a point to confront them if I happen to be nearby. I wish my state would pass a law to fine people who treat animals this way. There should be some kind of "police men" to monitor such acts. I will never understand how ANY one can get so low as to hurt these poor dumb creatures.

RE: Ok, I'll admit I've done it, have you? - shopgirl - 09-10-2013

I don't blame you for what you did! I haven't come into contact with anyone who was guilty of animal cruelty but if I would have seen something like that, I would have DEFINITELY turned them in!

I was just reading in the news the other day about a guy who noticed a dog tied to an SUV out in a parking lot. The dog did not have any water and the sun was beating down on him :-( He was panting and trying his best to get under the SUV into the shade. Apparently the owner tied him to the SUV while he was shopping.

The guy stood around and waited with the dog for about 20 minutes and STILL no sign of the owner. Finally the guy took it upon himself to untie the dog and go wait for the owner over in the shade. When the owner came out he lost his temper and was VERY angry that the guy had untied and moved the dog. He ended up calling the cops and the GOOD GUY got arrested?! SMH.

RE: Ok, I'll admit I've done it, have you? - Francy - 06-04-2014

I haven't had to do anything like that either, but you can bet that if I saw it or heard it I would. It's one thing to traumatize and terrorize and harmless animal and another to actually be hunting them for the game. That's just really mean! I hate hearing that stuff and actually thinking that people like that actually exist. But they do, and it's sad! Sad Hopefully game and fish gave them a good talking to and they learned a lesson!