Pets Keepers Guide Forums
Overstocked fish tank with way too many Blood Parrot Cichlid - Printable Version

+- Pets Keepers Guide Forums (http://petskeepersguide.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Fish Forum (http://petskeepersguide.com/forums/Forum-Fish-Forum)
+--- Forum: Aquarium and Pond fish Forum (http://petskeepersguide.com/forums/Forum-Aquarium-and-Pond-fish-Forum)
+--- Thread: Overstocked fish tank with way too many Blood Parrot Cichlid (/Thread-Overstocked-fish-tank-with-way-too-many-Blood-Parrot-Cichlid)

Overstocked fish tank with way too many Blood Parrot Cichlid - Thor - 05-03-2012

I just came across this restaurant with a large tank full of Blood Parrot Cichlids, and a few common Pleco. I was amazed by how crowded their fish tank is. There are too many fish in there, they almost can't move around without hitting another fish.

I took a few photos of their fish tank full of Blood Parrot.
[Image: blood-parrot-01.jpg]

[Image: blood-parrot-03.jpg?i=1621930819]

[Image: blood-parrot-02.jpg]

Judged by the fact there are three filters in this tank, one power filter, two sponge filters, whoever set up this tank obviously know about fish. I do not understand why he or she would overstock a fish tank like that while he/she is no newbie fish keeper. It would be hard to keep the ammonia down in an overcrowded fish tank even with 3 filters.

P.S.
For the people who don't know. Blood Parrot or Red Parrot is a unnatural fish species, a cross between several different cichlid fish species.

RE: Overstocked fish tank with way too many Blood Parrot Cichlid - Mantis - 05-09-2012

It seems that the image links need fixing. Sad

RE: Overstocked fish tank with way too many Blood Parrot Cichlid - Thor - 05-09-2012

They are fixed. Thanks for pointing it out.

RE: Overstocked fish tank with way too many Blood Parrot Cichlid - Mantis - 05-13-2012

Holy crap, that's one packed tank! Perhaps you should talk to the restaurant's owner about it.

RE: Overstocked fish tank with way too many Blood Parrot Cichlid - Ram - 05-13-2012

I don't think they'll listen. Typical business owners will not listen to suggestions on such irrelevant matter. They might listen to you on their service part of the business, not how many fish they suppose to put in their aquarium. When fish die, they just buy more to replace it. Poor blood parrots!

RE: Overstocked fish tank with way too many Blood Parrot Cichlid - Mantis - 05-14-2012

One of my mottos: "you don't know 'til you try." Sometimes assertiveness is the key. Because really, the conditions of that tank are completely out of hand.

RE: Overstocked fish tank with way too many Blood Parrot Cichlid - rwzheng1997 - 05-15-2012

wow... that many fish would need so many more tanks of that size.

RE: Overstocked fish tank with way too many Blood Parrot Cichlid - Thor - 05-16-2012

Yeah, it is ridiculous. The tank might look quite big from the front, it is in fact very thin. I wouldn't have more than 15~20 blood parrot in there if it's my tank. They have 100 if not more!