Pets Keepers Guide Forums
Amazing Dogs Thread - Printable Version

+- Pets Keepers Guide Forums (http://petskeepersguide.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Mammal Forum (http://petskeepersguide.com/forums/Forum-Mammal-Forum)
+--- Forum: Dog Forum (http://petskeepersguide.com/forums/Forum-Dog-Forum)
+--- Thread: Amazing Dogs Thread (/Thread-Amazing-Dogs-Thread)

Amazing Dogs Thread - haopee - 06-21-2012

Some dogs are just plain amazing. Some of them have interesting careers. While others are excellent in doing tricks. Bottom line they've exceeded their owner's expectation of them.

Let me start with the adorable Yorkshire Terrier named Jilli Dog.

Do you have an amazing dog video, story or photo? Share it here. We'd love to hear about it.

RE: Amazing Dogs Thread - TreeClimber - 06-21-2012

That's pretty good, Haopee!

I think I would call my last dog amazing. She was a Lab/Golden mix. At 10, she had to have her back leg amputated because of a cancer tumor. She recovered from that and went about life as if she had always had 3 legs. She still enjoyed her daily walks and could steal food from your plate even with a missing leg.

I loved to watch her interactions with people. They were drawn to her after her amputation. Strangers would stop on the street to greet her. I felt like she was an ambassador for disabled dogs.

RE: Amazing Dogs Thread - reydempto - 06-21-2012

This one is one of my favorite dog videos:

Just look at him, lol totally guilty XD

RE: Amazing Dogs Thread - haopee - 06-22-2012

Here's another interesting dog. He seems to be musically inclined. Maybe someday we will see a video of him taking the guitar from his owner and strumming it himself.

RE: Amazing Dogs Thread - reydempto - 06-23-2012

That's absolutely hilarious! I wish my dogs were like that. Whenever I pick up my guitars they go lay down, hahaha!

RE: Amazing Dogs Thread - laurasav - 06-26-2012

Those videos are so amazing. That Jilli Dog playing cards, knowing exactly what to do, just was incredible! Wow - what a smart dog! I wonder how long it took to train her? But she was super smart to begin with, to be able to learn so well!
The guilty dog that ate the cat treats really cracked me up! And it even knew it was worthy of punishment and took itself to "time out" in the "penalty box" kennel! Hilarious! That big toothy grin was too funny!!!
I've seen that video before about the music-loving dog. It never gets old - so cute! Now that's a dog who loves its guitar tunes!
TreeClimber, your cancer surviving dog sounded extremely special. You've got an awful lot of great memories of her! I just wish our pets lived longer. It's so sad to lose our animal babies! They're never here long enough!

RE: Amazing Dogs Thread - haopee - 06-27-2012

(06-21-2012, 11:58 AM)TreeClimber Wrote: That's pretty good, Haopee!

I think I would call my last dog amazing. She was a Lab/Golden mix. At 10, she had to have her back leg amputated because of a cancer tumor. She recovered from that and went about life as if she had always had 3 legs. She still enjoyed her daily walks and could steal food from your plate even with a missing leg.

I loved to watch her interactions with people. They were drawn to her after her amputation. Strangers would stop on the street to greet her. I felt like she was an ambassador for disabled dogs.

Dogs can do amazing things in their life. Unlike us humans, they're instinctual and don't believe in being physically disabled. She does sound amazing.

Does anybody know Moose? He is the Jack Russel Terrier from Frasier. He earned as much as $10,000 for each episode he starred in making him one of the top earning dogs in show business. Before he became "Eddie", he passed through two owners because he couldn't be housebroken and was troubled. Dogs our smart. It's just a matter of how we harness it.

Here's a video of Jasmine going shopping.