Pets Keepers Guide Forums
The Cute Smiling Dog - Printable Version

+- Pets Keepers Guide Forums (http://petskeepersguide.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Mammal Forum (http://petskeepersguide.com/forums/Forum-Mammal-Forum)
+--- Forum: Dog Forum (http://petskeepersguide.com/forums/Forum-Dog-Forum)
+--- Thread: The Cute Smiling Dog (/Thread-The-Cute-Smiling-Dog)

The Cute Smiling Dog - haopee - 07-02-2012

This is one of my favorite dog videos. It doesn't get old and even the voice of the person who's taking this video makes me laugh.

I hope you enjoy it the way I do. I'm assuming this dog learned while his/her teeth is being brushed.

RE: The Cute Smiling Dog - Novados - 07-06-2012

I think this is a great video. Thanks for sharing

RE: The Cute Smiling Dog - laurasav - 07-07-2012

That was so funny! I kept laughing every time that dog smiled! Now I want to teach my kitty cats to smile - they could do a cheshire cat grin, I'm thinking!!! LOL Then I'll have to get it on camera and post to YouTube! :-)

I'm curious how the dog learned to smile on cue. You suggested it was from getting its teeth brushed, which makes sense. Do you brush your dog's teeth? I've never tried brushing my cats' teeth, but I can rub my finger along their teeth and gums and they usually don't mind that.

RE: The Cute Smiling Dog - TreeClimber - 07-07-2012

Haopee, that was really cute. I wonder how they taught the dog to smile on command? It might have been during teeth brushing. Although, sometimes you can take something a dog does and turn it into a trick. The dog might have been doing this on its own, so the owner decided to teach it to do it on command. I did this with my dog. She was always jumping up and hitting people on their hands. So, I taught her "high five". Now she will do it on command.

Is smiling natural to dogs? I've seen my dog smile from time to time. It does appear that sometimes that smile comes when she is showing happiness.

RE: The Cute Smiling Dog - haopee - 07-10-2012

(07-07-2012, 05:28 AM)laurasav Wrote: That was so funny! I kept laughing every time that dog smiled! Now I want to teach my kitty cats to smile - they could do a cheshire cat grin, I'm thinking!!! LOL Then I'll have to get it on camera and post to YouTube! :-)

I'm curious how the dog learned to smile on cue. You suggested it was from getting its teeth brushed, which makes sense. Do you brush your dog's teeth? I've never tried brushing my cats' teeth, but I can rub my finger along their teeth and gums and they usually don't mind that.

I don't brush my dog's teeth either. It didn't seem necessary back then because they hydrate themselves often and their diet was mainly composed or rice, vegetables and meat. They were also given bones to gnaw on occasionally. But now that I've switched them to dog food, I've been observing their teeth because I've read that their diet is the main reason why some dogs require brushing while others don't.

(07-07-2012, 07:37 AM)TreeClimber Wrote: Haopee, that was really cute. I wonder how they taught the dog to smile on command? It might have been during teeth brushing. Although, sometimes you can take something a dog does and turn it into a trick. The dog might have been doing this on its own, so the owner decided to teach it to do it on command. I did this with my dog. She was always jumping up and hitting people on their hands. So, I taught her "high five". Now she will do it on command.

Is smiling natural to dogs? I've seen my dog smile from time to time. It does appear that sometimes that smile comes when she is showing happiness.

I've taught Peanuts the "high five" and "paw" because I saw her doing it often. Now, she could do it in command.

This also how I taught Chooey the "Up" trick where she stands on her hind legs. I caught her and my mom "dancing". Chooey would stand on her hind legs and move as if she's dancing too.Clap

RE: The Cute Smiling Dog - pomseekt - 07-10-2012

a very good dog video can make everyone smile. dogs are one of the better pets around the globe.