Pets Keepers Guide Forums
A Cafe For People Who Can't Have Cats - Printable Version

+- Pets Keepers Guide Forums (http://petskeepersguide.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (http://petskeepersguide.com/forums/Forum-General)
+--- Forum: Pet News Forum (http://petskeepersguide.com/forums/Forum-Pet-News-Forum)
+--- Thread: A Cafe For People Who Can't Have Cats (/Thread-A-Cafe-For-People-Who-Can-t-Have-Cats)

A Cafe For People Who Can't Have Cats - ACSAPA - 07-25-2012

Hi guys,

I was reading about a cafe in Japan that has a cute idea.
If you live in a building in Tokyo that doesn't allow cats, but you're a cat lover, you can come to this cafe and relax with a cat in your lap.

It's also a try-before-you-buy adoption center because if you're relaxing with the cats and you fall in love with one, you can adopt it.

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2012/06/27/cat-cafe-foster-home-ekoneko-perfect-if-you-want-to-relax-with-cats-or-rescue-them/

[Image: dsc000191.jpg]

RE: A Cafe For People Who Can't Have Cats - ohiotom76 - 07-26-2012

That's a good idea. I also noticed a local pet store had a pet washing room you could use to clean up your dog. Great idea for people that perhaps live in small apartments and don't have a utility sink to clean their pet.

RE: A Cafe For People Who Can't Have Cats - andrew320 - 07-26-2012

This is a wonderful idea. This not only helps the people, but also the cats because, as you noted, it's a preview of adopting a cat. It'd be amazing if they had that up here in Canada. Unfortunately, our bureaucracy is so intense that such a thing wouldn't happen.

RE: A Cafe For People Who Can't Have Cats - ACSAPA - 07-26-2012

I wish we had these in the US, because there are a lot of apartment buildings in the US that don't allow pets.

Places like this give people a chance to pet and love an animal even if they can't live with animals.

RE: A Cafe For People Who Can't Have Cats - Victor Leigh - 07-26-2012

(07-26-2012, 03:41 PM)ACSAPA Wrote: I wish we had these in the US, because there are a lot of apartment buildings in the US that don't allow pets.

Places like this give people a chance to pet and love an animal even if they can't live with animals.

I think I spy a business opportunity in the offing. Just start a catty cafe in your area.

Go and get some cats from the nearest animal shelter. Make sure all the cats are vaccinated. Spend some time training them to be people-friendly. Then open the cafe for business.

Items for the menu would be "Coffee with cat", "Iced tea with cat", "Cream puffs with cat", etc.

RE: A Cafe For People Who Can't Have Cats - ACSAPA - 07-26-2012

(07-26-2012, 05:51 PM)Victor Leigh Wrote: I think I spy a business opportunity in the offing. Just start a catty cafe in your area.

Go and get some cats from the nearest animal shelter. Make sure all the cats are vaccinated. Spend some time training them to be people-friendly. Then open the cafe for business.

Items for the menu would be "Coffee with cat", "Iced tea with cat", "Cream puffs with cat", etc.

That is adorable. I know you're joking, but I'm filing the idea away for future use.

RE: A Cafe For People Who Can't Have Cats - Victor Leigh - 07-26-2012

(07-26-2012, 05:55 PM)ACSAPA Wrote: That is adorable. I know you're joking, but I'm filing the idea away for future use.

No, I am not joking. It's a very viable business idea. You can hit so many birds with just one stone, so to say.

For a start, you would be able to give abandoned cats a new lease of life. From what I have read, animals in the sheltered are killed all the time to make way for new arrivals.

Besides doing a service to the poor cats, you are also doing a service to the poor human beings. Poor not as in not having money but rather poor as in wanting to have a cat but are not allowed to because of many reasons. So the next best thing to owning a cat is to pay a visit to the nearest Catty Cafe. For many, going to a Catty Cafe would be a better idea than owning a cat. Like all the fun without the fuss.

RE: A Cafe For People Who Can't Have Cats - Fishbone - 08-08-2012

That is actually a great idea. If you were to actually do this, I would try to get a smaller no kill shelter on board. It could also work with adoptions, if someone were thinking of adopting an older cat, they could just go have a cup of tea with him first as well.