Pets Keepers Guide Forums
Update on Eos - Printable Version

+- Pets Keepers Guide Forums (http://petskeepersguide.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Reptile Forum (http://petskeepersguide.com/forums/Forum-Reptile-Forum)
+--- Forum: General reptile (http://petskeepersguide.com/forums/Forum-General-reptile)
+--- Thread: Update on Eos (/Thread-Update-on-Eos)

Update on Eos - Fishbone - 08-09-2012

I snapped a few shots of my 2011 green tree python, Morelia viridis, Eos, in different lighting and camera settings. She is a locality cross, het mother its an Aru, her father a Biak. I was trying to get all of the different colors she's coming up with. First some outdoor shots showing her full body, with some going more yellow and some more green, as well as an odd tourquoise-ish spot on her nose.

[Image: 90140_239723_Large_eDZJtHwxvdP.jpg]

[Image: 90140_239721_Large_dk3ExBdnfF8hq.jpg]

Then a shot where I was trying to get some of the blue spots coming in on her stomach.

[Image: 90140_239720_Large_s7ORfzLQJf.jpg]

And lastly an indoor shot with flash, mostly trying to get that tourquoise nose coloration in a different light.

[Image: 90140_239722_Large_Gn7MmQu2WF.jpg]

So what does all this mean? I am very happy with the way this one is turning out, and I need a new camera, lol.

RE: Update on Eos - Ram - 08-09-2012

Nice photos, Fish.

Can you sex the snake yet? Is it real a she? Big Grin

So you let your snake out for some fresh air and sunlight. What is the reaction of your neighbors when they pass by? Tongue

RE: Update on Eos - Fishbone - 08-10-2012

(08-09-2012, 04:15 PM)Ram Wrote: Nice photos, Fish.

Can you sex the snake yet? Is it real a she? Big Grin

So you let your snake out for some fresh air and sunlight. What is the reaction of your neighbors when they pass by? Tongue

S/he its about old enough to be sexed. I'm going to wait another few months and let her get just a little more bulk on her, she is just starting to thicken up a bit. I've probed many snakes in my life, but this will be the first gtp, and I want to make sure she is strong first. I try to get all of my snakes outside at least occasionally, or take them somewhere. Some people look at me like I'm crazy, some people stop and go "wow!", and everywhere in between. Occasionally someone will even threaten to call the police or Florida FWC, because they think all snakes are illegal as pets now.

RE: Update on Eos - pugskjj - 08-10-2012

Wow she is absolutely gorgeous! Please keep us updated on how her colors come in. I love those snakes and honestly did not know they were so colorful...I have only ever seen all green. I heard they are aggressive and hard to handle, is that true?

RE: Update on Eos - Fishbone - 08-11-2012

They actually come in a rainbow of colors, depending on which locality they come from. Green, yellow, blue, black, and white. She is a cross, her mother was from the Aru islands, where the pythons typically have a moderate green colour, with largish white spots on their back, and tourquoise blue scales along their stomachs, occasionally with flecks of black. This its am image of a classic spraying Aru green tree python...

[Image: aru.jpg]

Her father was from Biak , where the green tree pythons are typically lime to darker green with varying amounts of yellow, sometimes extreme amounts, in odd patterns including "masking" over the face, and sometimes a high amount of black fleecing. Here's an image of a Biak, I wouldn't say "typical", but gives an idea of the possibilities...

[Image: StePic017.jpg]

As for their temperaments, until about 10 years ago, almost all were wild caught animals, and for tnt most part those were temperamental, to say the least. But now, all of the colubrid bred animals available, they are quite tame generally.

RE: Update on Eos - Thor - 08-11-2012

(08-11-2012, 02:11 PM)Fishbone Wrote: They actually come in a rainbow of colors, depending on which locality they come from. Green, yellow, blue, black, and white. She is a cross, her mother was from the Aru islands, where the pythons typically have a moderate green colour, with largish white spots on their back, and tourquoise blue scales along their stomachs, occasionally with flecks of black. This its am image of a classic spraying Aru green tree python...

[Image: aru.jpg]

I really like this green one. Thumbsup Is this the actual mother of your EOS?

If not, do you have one of these classic spraying Aru green tree pythons at home? The level of greenish is awesome.

RE: Update on Eos - Fishbone - 08-12-2012

There are enough phases of green tree pythons to fit everybody. I don't have a pure Aru locality animal. But here is am actual pic of Eos's mother...

[Image: 2011.08.31-1.jpg]