Pets Keepers Guide Forums
Pussy Cat, Pussy Cat, I Love You! - Printable Version

+- Pets Keepers Guide Forums (http://petskeepersguide.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Mammal Forum (http://petskeepersguide.com/forums/Forum-Mammal-Forum)
+--- Forum: Cat Forum (http://petskeepersguide.com/forums/Forum-Cat-Forum)
+--- Thread: Pussy Cat, Pussy Cat, I Love You! (/Thread-Pussy-Cat-Pussy-Cat-I-Love-You)

Pussy Cat, Pussy Cat, I Love You! - laurasav - 09-19-2012

I fell in love with this video! I really love cats and have three of my own. But I also am in love with raccoons. I've been feeding many generations of raccoons over the last several years. I have one favorite raccoon, which many of you have read about before. He's crippled and he always comes up to the doorwall looking for me. I wave to him before he starts eating. We also touch hand to paw through the glass. I love him!!! Heart
I've tried talking the hubby into letting me keep a raccoon as a pet, but he always says no. After I show him this video, maybe he'll change his mind! Big Grin
Aren't you tempted to keep a raccoon as a pet after seeing this video now???Wink

RE: Pussy Cat, Pussy Cat, I Love You! - sandooch - 09-20-2012

Aww, that's just adorable! And to apply it to a Tom Jones song...awesome!! I used to have a cat and a rabbit that were best friends like this. They would chase one another around the back yard back and forth. They'd take turns chasing one another. So cute to watch!

RE: Pussy Cat, Pussy Cat, I Love You! - ACSAPA - 09-22-2012

Raccoons are adorable. It's not realistic for me to take one in because I live in the city and our raccoons are at the beach and the national park, not running around my neighborhood.
I love Tom Jones, not this particular song but his theme song to the James Bond movie Thunderball which required him to sing so hard he almost fainted.
This video is just precious. The cat doesn't actually seem that put out, he appears to be enjoying the attention. Thank you for sharing the video. I love it.

RE: Pussy Cat, Pussy Cat, I Love You! - JustJenne - 09-22-2012

Hmm... Well that is pretty cute, but, I did end up muting the sound because I find the song annoying. It seems that the cat is only putting up the raccoon and is really tolerant. Didn't see any love from the cat.
You'r story about a crippled raccoon that comes to your door is precious and would make me want to keep him too! However, I stayed at my grandmas once, and they feed raccoons dog food and it really put me off raccoons. They were making horrible noises at each other and being very vicious. No longer did I think of them like the sweet and funny raccoon in Pocahontas. Just another thing Disney got wrong in Pocahontas LOL!

RE: Pussy Cat, Pussy Cat, I Love You! - Nakhash - 09-23-2012

I'd be worried about diseases. Raccoon feces carry quite a few diseases including some that can be transmitted to humans and pets. One of the nastiest is Raccoon Roundworm. It can become potentially fatal for very young or elderly people. The worms can migrate throughout the body and cause blindness, liver enlargement and coma. Rabies can be transmitted through the feces and they can carry viral canine distemper. They also carry leptospirosis, which is a nasty bacteria and salmonella.

All in all, they don't make good pets and it's not a good idea, no matter how cute it seems, to have a wild raccoon near pets. If it had been a full grown raccoon, it probably would have taken off with the kitten and made a meal of it.