Pets Keepers Guide Forums
PETA Wants The Juice's House - Printable Version

+- Pets Keepers Guide Forums (http://petskeepersguide.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (http://petskeepersguide.com/forums/Forum-General)
+--- Forum: Pet News Forum (http://petskeepersguide.com/forums/Forum-Pet-News-Forum)
+--- Thread: PETA Wants The Juice's House (/Thread-PETA-Wants-The-Juice-s-House)

PETA Wants The Juice's House - teamrose - 10-14-2012

This is the kind of absurd, real-life satire that you couldn't make up if you tried.

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA, as you surely are aware) is asking JPMorgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon if the bank would either donate or sell the group OJ Simpson's house "for a nominal sum", which is being foreclosed on by the bank.

Why Simpson's old digs, you ask? Simple. PETA would like to turn the five-bedroom home in Kendall, Fla., into a "Meat is Murder" museum. Simpson was infamously accused of murdering Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman in 1994. Now, PETA wants to allay any concerns about the unfortunate semantics here. The museum would supposedly teach visitors that "nonviolence begins on our plates." See, you surely feel better now.

Supporting Link

RE: PETA Wants The Juice's House - Molly - 12-04-2012

I think they are better to find something that is more positive for a museum. It does sound too gross for me. I think that any group or charity has a better impact by the positive approach, rather than something as horrible as murder.

If PETA is trying to get the message across about being vegetarians, they are better to promote the positive things on becoming a vegetarian, rather than focus on the negative. Scare tactics only work so far.

Perhaps OJ Simpson's house should be demolished and another home build in its place that is not associated with two murders, would be a better choice.

RE: PETA Wants The Juice's House - GavinMcresty - 04-27-2013

That idea sounds completely ridiculous, insulting to the memories of the victims (both animals and humans) and outright nonsensical. It does, however, seem sadly typical of PETA. Although I might agree with parts of their message, the way they put it across in their promotional materials and advertising is simply off-putting. It makes vegetarians, vegans and people concerned with animal welfare seem insane and unrealistic. Although they do often succeed in gaining attention, they mostly attract ridicule and scorn. Some might say that "any publicity is good publicity" but I do not really agree with this. Even if they are getting their message through to more people in this way, if the message appears extremist and confrontational, then people will simple not listen. Therefore, "shock tactics" are simply counterproductive overall. I really wish PETA would stop doing things like this. They give everyone involved with animal welfare a bad reputation in my opinion. Thankfully, I doubt JP Morgan will take any notice of them at all.

RE: PETA Wants The Juice's House - cliverederson - 05-25-2013

PETA does a lot of strange things. I think I am kind of sympathetic to their cause, I hate to see animals mistreated, but some of the stuff they think is worth spending money on just boggles the mind. I guess they think whatever gets publicity helps their cause, so they try to do outrageous things?

RE: PETA Wants The Juice's House - Jezebella - 07-03-2013

Peta also has an adoption site with one of the highest kill rates in the country. They spend all of their money on publicity stunts and none of it on funding for their shelter. Their adoption rates fall well under fifteen percent. Most of the animals that go through their doors never come out again. Their members are often charged with animal cruelty when they are caught dumping animal bodies illegally. Although they have done some good, they have also done a lot of horrible things for animal welfare. Money is better put into your local shelter where you know it will be going to feeding and taking care of the animals. Peta is the Westburo Baptist Church of animal shelters, both outspoken, and not willing to uphold the core tennents that they claim to exist because of.

RE: PETA Wants The Juice's House - Happyflowerlady - 07-23-2013

I think the whole idea is preposterous, and just a big show for PETA to get more attention and money.
This is not even where any crimes happened, OJ was arrested in California, and the crime scene was not at his personal house, even. Plus, he was found not guilty, in any case; so this is not even a good way to promote their agenda, Meat is Murder.

I am not a supporter of PETA, in any case. They basically do not want anyone to even have a pet, and thnk all animals should be left in a wild state. If you find an abandoned animal, they think you should leave it to live naturally, and not take it home and rescue it.
I think that our pets are a wonderful addition to our lives, and that God intended for us to have companion pets, and other domesticated animals.

RE: PETA Wants The Juice's House - Jezebella - 07-24-2013

I was in 4-H growing up so I can tell you that a lot of PETAs strategies are really dirty. They would let animals out of cages at the fair. The thing you need to know about the fair is that not every animal there is a market animal. My goats were my pets back then and I was always scared that they might let them out and cause them to be injured. Once animals are domesticated it's very difficult for them to go back. If I set my cat into the wild she would either try to find her way home or find another human who is willing to feed her and clean her liter. She wouldn't want to be free and wild because she likes knowing that every night she's going to get a can of food.

RE: PETA Wants The Juice's House - pftsusan - 10-14-2013

I realize that PETA is marketing to get their message out there, but going to extreme measures is absurd! To buy the OJ Simpson House! Why on earth to they want it to begin with? He' s a muderer! All to show that killing any animals is wrong, including humans! Ridiculous! I think this makes everyone look bad. The animal kingdom included.

Then I don't fault PETA 100%. That's because there is two sides to every story and the truth lies somewhere in the middle. Only believe one third of what you see and hear. Lets put ourselves and our animals first.

RE: PETA Wants The Juice's House - Happyflowerlady - 10-25-2013

(10-14-2013, 09:35 PM)pftsusan Wrote: I realize that PETA is marketing to get their message out there, but going to extreme measures is absurd! To buy the OJ Simpson House! Why on earth to they want it to begin with? He' s a muderer! All to show that killing any animals is wrong, including humans! Ridiculous! I think this makes everyone look bad. The animal kingdom included.

Then I don't fault PETA 100%. That's because there is two sides to every story and the truth lies somewhere in the middle. Only believe one third of what you see and hear. Lets put ourselves and our animals first.

Actually, it is only an opinion that OJ Simpson is a murderer.
Susan, you yourself say that a person should only believe a third of what you see or hear, so calling somone a murderer just because that is the story that goes around is not fair.
OJ Simpson was tried and found innocent by a jury trial of his peers, of murdering his ex-wife and her boyfriend. There is evidence to support that someone else was the actual killer, and not OJ. It has never seemed likely to me that a man would kill his child's mother when the child was present.
I am not saying that he didn't commit the murders, but that he was tried, and found not guilty, so he is definitely not a convicted murderer, by any means.

RE: PETA Wants The Juice's House - jenkinsa - 10-28-2013

outherwise no one would listn to Peta... marketing phrase..

RE: PETA Wants The Juice's House - pftsusan - 12-03-2013

I know that he is not convicted of murder. Those are my personal beliefs that he committed murder... PETA is far less guilty than OJ is, but still ridiculous.

(10-25-2013, 01:24 AM)Happyflowerlady Wrote: Actually, it is only an opinion that OJ Simpson is a murderer.
Susan, you yourself say that a person should only believe a third of what you see or hear, so calling somone a murderer just because that is the story that goes around is not fair.
OJ Simpson was tried and found innocent by a jury trial of his peers, of murdering his ex-wife and her boyfriend. There is evidence to support that someone else was the actual killer, and not OJ. It has never seemed likely to me that a man would kill his child's mother when the child was present.
I am not saying that he didn't commit the murders, but that he was tried, and found not guilty, so he is definitely not a convicted murderer, by any means.

RE: PETA Wants The Juice's House - kindredsoul - 03-21-2014

I think that instead of making it a museum, they could make it into a kitten sanctuary. There is an over abundance of kittens in the world and a lot of them are killed in shelters. I would like it to be an animal shelter for kittens. They could also have a room to teach people about kitten safety. I know that when you go to parks you can have your kids enter a program in which they try to earn rewards from Smokey the Bear. Your kid picks up trash and gets a sticker when he turns it into a ranger. I think they could have a similar program with kids. Have the kids watch a video on how to take care of kittens. The older kids could even take care of the kittens. Then reward them with stickers, coloring books and other incentives so that the kids get rewarded for learning about how to be responsible kitten owners.

RE: PETA Wants The Juice's House - Happyflowerlady - 04-27-2014

For the money that it would cost to buy this mansion, they could probably open 10-20 regualr shelters. It doesn't make any sense to me for them to spend that kind of money on a house just as a marketing ploy. To me, that really shows that PETA is all about what will bring in money for them, rather than what would actually help animals. This whole attitude is just SO wrong ! !
It is important to do what is necessary to help the animals, build or buy shelters, and rennovate the ones already in existance. And buy lots and lots of dog food, and forget the idea of making a museum in a mansion---- that does not help save any animals at all.
Just my two cents...