Pets Keepers Guide Forums
Amazing Dog Mom - Printable Version

+- Pets Keepers Guide Forums (http://petskeepersguide.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (http://petskeepersguide.com/forums/Forum-General)
+--- Forum: Pet News Forum (http://petskeepersguide.com/forums/Forum-Pet-News-Forum)
+--- Thread: Amazing Dog Mom (/Thread-Amazing-Dog-Mom)

Amazing Dog Mom - haopee - 10-18-2012

Recently, I came a across a news about a mother dog saving her puppies from a burning building. She's pretty amazing. The puppies were living in a portion where the fire burned, but the mother dog came to rescue them and bring them back to the fire truck, one by one.

[Image: wSdFS.jpg]
Source

Unfortunately, the owner of the dog had to be brought to the hospital and one of her puppies named Amparo died of severe burns.

Nonetheless, it just shows how amazing dogs are.

RE: Amazing Dog Mom - pafjlh - 10-24-2012

I guess the protective mother instinct isn't just reserved to humans. No, dogs have this instinct as well, they know when their in danger and will tell their owners. When their a mother they will put their own lives on the line to take care of and protect their babies. What any mother would do. I'm sorry to hear that one of her puppies didn't make it though, but she can be credited with saving the others as any good mother would do.

RE: Amazing Dog Mom - maddie - 12-05-2012

Wow! that is such a moving story. I know that dogs are really caring. I was ill for a prolonged period of time, my dog used to wake me up when it was time to take my medicines . She would sit by my bedside because my husband would tell her each morning as he left home.. 'you better take good care of your mommy'.. I would have gone into depression if not for Choco and my cockatiel.
I remained sane because my husband and my pets took such good care of me at that time.

RE: Amazing Dog Mom - Molly - 12-06-2012

This is indeed an inspiring story. A neighbor had a dog that nursed a small kitten. We had never heard that this could happen. I could understand a dog nursing puppies but this female dog nursed a small kitten. It shows that animals do have a caring and compassion heart towards other animals.

RE: Amazing Dog Mom - dhrynio - 12-09-2012

What an amazing story, not surprised though. The love of a mother, no matter what the species, will take you to very dangerous places if needed.

RE: Amazing Dog Mom - themdno - 12-09-2012

It's not surprising to me wither, I think that this just reaffirms what I already knew about dogs. They are extremely loving, and extremely protective of their family. I hate when people think that dogs are dumb, when they do things like this, that shows a great amount of intelligence, to me.

I love seeing stories like this, of course it's sad, but it's so touching that she watched out for her young like this. What an awesome dog.

RE: Amazing Dog Mom - Ram - 01-14-2013

Such story is always heart warming.

A couple of years ago, I have seen a similar story on TV. Could be on Animal Planet, I don't quite remember. A house was on fire when the owner was away, and a mama cat got out with one kitty. Then she went right back in for 4 more kitties one at a time until they were all rescued. She ended up lost her sight. Two of her kitties didn't survive either. Many animals have shown us they have the same love for their offspring. They could risk their own lives for their babies.

Other stories I have heard about great animal mom were about birds.
One mother bird stood her ground against a hunting dog 50x her size after her chick had fallen from a tree onto the ground. She was shaking because she was scared, but she stood her ground while knowing she'll die if she stay. The dog's owner called off the dog, so both bird survived.

In a different story, another mother bird died to a hunting dog when she was trying to be a decoy to get the dog away from her nest full of newly hatched chicks. She could just fly away but she didn't, or the dog wouldn't chase after her. She died because she overdid it when pretending to be injured.

Mothers will always be mothers. No matter what species they are.

RE: Amazing Dog Mom - TreeClimber - 01-15-2013

I suspect most animals have this instinct. The bond between mother and baby, but also the need to survive, is strong.

But, look at how many stories are on the news of dogs who get their owners out of a burning house or out of some other danger. Dog and humans have a connections. And, dogs are smart enough to communicate danger to humans.

RE: Amazing Dog Mom - fangyufeng - 12-26-2022

Deep embossed composite decking is the most economic which is an affordable alternative to Superior WOOD, which has the advantages of the co-extrusion floor but cheaper price. You can not recognize The 3D Texture features on our 3D Deep Embossed. it comes in 3 stunning color options; teak, walnut, and ash grey to work back with any home or commercial project. The variation in texture enhances a natural, classic aesthetic that will look beautiful for many years to come. This Surface is a 3D finish embossed wood grain design. The wood grain depth will reach up to 3mm in-depth for a more realistic timber appearance. The Emboss finish makes the surface more outstanding than before and provides a beautiful and traditional rustic look.

RE: Amazing Dog Mom - westpaodorpros - 01-02-2024

That's an incredible and heartwarming story! Mother dogs truly showcase remarkable instincts and bravery. It's amazing how they go to great lengths to protect their offspring. Stories like this highlight the deep bond and love animals have for their young ones. If you have any similar heartwarming stories to share or need recommendations for pet care essentials, feel free to drop them here. It's always uplifting to hear about the positive moments in the animal kingdom. best pet odor eliminator