Pets Keepers Guide Forums
Just saying Hi - Printable Version

+- Pets Keepers Guide Forums (http://petskeepersguide.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (http://petskeepersguide.com/forums/Forum-General)
+--- Forum: Community (http://petskeepersguide.com/forums/Forum-Community)
+---- Forum: Introduction (http://petskeepersguide.com/forums/Forum-Introduction)
+---- Thread: Just saying Hi (/Thread-Just-saying-Hi)

Just saying Hi - bw - 03-07-2012

Hi! I have been on this site for a few days now and like it. I am in Chicago IL. Currently have three cats, one dog and one wife. Ah, not necessarily in that order. I have worked in dog rescue and training. While I love all animals dogs are my favorite. Besides my wife and pets I enjoy reading, cooking, photography and jigsaw puzzles.

RE: Just saying Hi - Thor - 03-09-2012

Hey, bw,
Out of the 3 cats, 1 dog, and 1 wife, which one do you like most? Which one gives you most joy? Which one gives you most trouble? Big Grin

RE: Just saying Hi - Dakota Dog - 03-09-2012

I'm glad you helped me fine this place, it's peaceful and friendly!
Photography is a hobby of mine, and I'm pounding my head on the keyboard learning Corel paintshop..so if you know anything about it, I'm willing to listen!

RE: Just saying Hi - bw - 03-09-2012

"Out of the 3 cats, 1 dog, and 1 wife, which one do you like most? Which one gives you most joy? Which one gives you most trouble? " That is a loaded question that could possibly get me in deep doodoo. LOL. My wife of course is the beat in my heart. Also, I am more of a dog person than a cat person. That said, the cats probably give me the least problem of all!
Dakota, sorry no I don't. I love taking photo's, out doors, not "people pics" But I take the pictures and depending on the camera used either have them developed or printed. That's it, what I take is what I get. I am NOT in any way at all computer savvy. I had a hard time figuring this site out....and still do not have it down pat. I did load some photo's on this machine but can not figure out how in the world to send them to any one. Computer illiterate, that's me. Yes, this site is a good change from what we were used to, eh? Not a bunch of trolls and people swearing at you! I like it here.

RE: Just saying Hi - OriJas - 03-09-2012

And all this time I thought you were the wife! It's good to know otherwise now. Heh. I've been trying to get into Photography myself and teach myself slowly on Photoshop. But I have one of these crap cheap digicams that seem to love making photos grainy no matter how many tips I try, and Photoshop apparently can't fix them, it's just my crap camera.

I'm glad to see there's some people here I'm familiar with too. I think it makes my own shyness a little less debilitating. Of course, it helps that the topic is an interest too and yes, that the place is very friendly according to -ahem- usual crowds. So I'm very happy that you're here BW. Smile

I'm glad you are here too OriJas. You are not the first one to say you thought I was a woman. You all are giving me a complex. I reckon I will have to stop crossing my ankles and butch it up a bit. I too get a sense of whether a person is male or female and have been surprisingly wrong at times. All this photography talk and the sun shining has me wanting to take my camera out. I will catch up with you all later. Yes, it is a different crowd here, thankfully.

RE: Just saying Hi - Ram - 03-09-2012

(03-09-2012, 02:01 AM)bw Wrote: That is a loaded question that could possibly get me in deep doodoo. LOL. My wife of course is the beat in my heart. Also, I am more of a dog person than a cat person. That said, the cats probably give me the least problem of all!

Don't worry, I have no way to tell your wife that "Your husband said you are causing more trouble than all 3 cats combined"! Wink

Well, I reckon I should not have read that to her. I thought it was funny. Sad I did think to show her that I had said she was the beat in my heart. That helped....some.

RE: Just saying Hi - Onyx - 03-12-2012

LOL! Welcome to the forum- it's great to "meet" another who has an avid interest in photography! Smile