Pets Keepers Guide Forums
Does your pet act display strange behavior - Printable Version

+- Pets Keepers Guide Forums (http://petskeepersguide.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (http://petskeepersguide.com/forums/Forum-General)
+--- Forum: General Pet Discussion Forum (http://petskeepersguide.com/forums/Forum-General-Pet-Discussion-Forum)
+--- Thread: Does your pet act display strange behavior (/Thread-Does-your-pet-act-display-strange-behavior)

Does your pet act display strange behavior - maddie - 12-11-2012

Our dog choco is very smart, she obeys all the commands we give her, but when she is not in a mood she will pretend as if she doesn't understand what you say.. and if you even show a little variation in your voice displaying annoyance she will run away.
I think this is very strange behavior as she is otherwise very playful and obedient.

RE: Does your pet act display strange behavior - SweetBeast - 12-22-2012

HI Maddie! Did you adopt her & how long have you had her? Does she act this way with anyone besides your family? Is she the only pet in your home & how long hase she been acting as such? Not saying I have any answer, but would like to know a little more, if okay - thanks!

RE: Does your pet act display strange behavior - MrsRobinson - 12-24-2012

I have a cat who is something like this. He hides when anybody other than a family member comes in the house. He runs and hides under a chair when he sees a bird. Loud noises make him hide also. I think that the reason for this is because he was a rescued feral kitten and he was in poor shape when I got him. He may have been in danger or abused somewhat living on the streets as he was. I think that answering the questions posed by SweetBeast may shed some light on the situation.

RE: Does your pet act display strange behavior - mymollie - 12-30-2012

My dog Molly is a 3 year old Cocker Spaniel which I adopted as a stray. She has some very unusual traits and makes me laugh all the time. Sometimes she gets so excited that she stays in one spot and just spins around with her hair flying. She doesn't ever bark, she just makes this quiet, "gruffing" sound and, if you make the same sound in reply, she will keep it going back and forth. The funniest thing that she does is licking the air. She will put her nose almost straight up and lick and lick at nothing. When she is doing this she will totally ignore me. What's up with that?

“What do dogs do on their day off?; Can't lie around – that's their job!”
― George Carlin

RE: Does your pet act display strange behavior - AnnaU93 - 02-05-2013

My cat is actually always displaying very strange behavior but I am at the point where I accepted it and I love it as well! Haha.
She always tends to hiss when it is night time which used to freak me out all the time but with time I have realized that many other cats do the same thing.
I guess this a norm for many cats which makes me feel a lot better! Haha.

RE: Does your pet act display strange behavior - 4sweed - 02-22-2013

Our Siamese cat "Boots," has a weird sense of humor and manner. He is often aloof or stands off looking like he thinks he is a king and we are his slaves. He can be playful and he can be mean, by trying to bite our legs or hands. He loves to be brushed when in the mood, but if not look out for a very loud yowling cat. Boots is of the traditional type of Siamese cat with longer hair and pretty blue eyes. He is neutered and declawed. He is whitish with some light tan on his body and darker along his back and on his face and tail. He was four white feet, hence the name Boots, and is very picky about what he will eat. He has nothing to do with human food and will not eat canned cat food. He only likes dry cat food, which is also given as a treat. He enjoys playing with rings off milk containers and his four fake mice. Once in a while he will play with a jingle ball. He loves to hide in tight small places and loves climbing up to areas of the house we would prefer he stayed out of. He sleeps a lot and loves running through the house at top speed banging into the furniture.

Follow the link and see a really funny Oriental Siamese cat climbing the stairway. It is not Boots, but from his actions it could be: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmKx-Ut5MpU

RE: Does your pet act display strange behavior - AnnaU93 - 02-23-2013

(12-24-2012, 02:07 PM)MrsRobinson Wrote: I have a cat who is something like this. He hides when anybody other than a family member comes in the house. He runs and hides under a chair when he sees a bird. Loud noises make him hide also. I think that the reason for this is because he was a rescued feral kitten and he was in poor shape when I got him. He may have been in danger or abused somewhat living on the streets as he was. I think that answering the questions posed by SweetBeast may shed some light on the situation.
My cat is the same exact way and someone has always mentioned that she was hurt in the years before I got her. This always makes me sad and I try to let her behave in how she wants to because when I think about what could have happened to her my eyes usually tear up and I try to cuddle and hug her right away.