LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Friends husband keeps saying he is going to eat our guinea pigs!
02-18-2013, 09:49 AM,
jowjo5 Offline

Threads: 16
Friends husband keeps saying he is going to eat our guinea pigs!
One of my friends husband keeps saying he is going to eat my kids guinea pigs.

Now mind you I know he is kidding, sort of. He also talks about how he has eaten skunk and other small rodent type of animals. And claims to have had guinea pig before. I know that in some places in this world they do eat them, but does he have to keep talking about it?

I have asked him to stop especially in front of my kids. They know he is joking but I think they find it a bit immature for him to keep saying it over and over. And I guess I would agree with them.

After telling him to stop this joking he still hasn't. What should I do or do I just ignore it and let him realize no one cares anymore. (Well, we care but try to ignore)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-15-2013, 01:57 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-15-2013, 01:59 PM by Buffy.)
Buffy Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Friends husband keeps saying he is going to eat our guinea pigs!
Well, personally, I would just not smile or say anything at all when he says it. In fact, I would change the subject and comment on something else as if you never even heard him....until he gets the idea that it's "old" and boring.

I have a club in a game and now and then a couple comes in and wants to start some racy talk about each other they think is cute in front of the others....we don't comment and just talk about the music like they're not even there. And they shut up.
05-11-2013, 06:56 AM,
sakee Offline

Threads: 5
I agree he sounds really immature to keep saying it. Some people don't realize their jokes aren't really funny. I'd just ignore him at this point because he obviously doesn't care what you say about it, maybe not getting a response will tone it down a little.
05-24-2013, 11:28 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-24-2013, 11:30 PM by cliverederson.)
cliverederson Offline

Threads: 5
That's pretty stupid, I don't know why he would think that's charming to say once, let alone over and over. I get annoyed by people who call chihuahuas rats, I'm not really offended if you think my dog looks like a rat and you don't want one, that's fine. They didn't have that original observation, it's an old, cliche joke, no one is laughing. Let it go.

Some people want so badly to be funny but they're actually just annoying.