LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breeding is not a good business
05-20-2016, 07:54 AM,
Corzhens Offline

Threads: 50
Breeding is not a good business
The title of this thread refers to ordinary dog lovers who don't know much about breeding of dogs. In the first place, a breeder should know the mating methods and also the proper caring of pregnant dogs including the birthing assistance needed most of the time - it is normal for puppies to die at birth. With the puppies intended to be sold, my question is this - what happens when the puppies are not sold?

My brother-in-law committed that mistake of having the intention to sell pupplies. The initiated the breeding of their female dog. When the puppies were born, they spent for the deworming and vaccinations before putting up for sale the puppies. But there were no buyers. Now they have 7 dogs in the house and it is a big problem. But what can they do? That's the price they are paying now for that mistake.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-20-2016, 12:15 PM,
maxen57 Offline

Threads: 15
RE: Breeding is not a good business
This is also my good reason why I bought mine from a breeder but the puppy turned out to have an umbilical hernia. I did not have Clio replaced because I was worried about what would happen to her if nobody else wanted her. I was afraid of what the breeder would do if the puppy wasn't sold to anyone. While breeding does look like a profitable business, there's always a risk just like in any other business. They were better off giving those dogs away for adoption where people are highly likely to take them off your hands if you're willing to let go of a profit.

I've also considered this that maybe if my Clio did have her own puppies, I would keep one and give away the rest instead to people I know with dog handling experience and economic stability that would enable them to raise the dogs as good as they can. There will be no need for me to take out so much money just to raise them.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is There A Good Shampoo For A Stinky, Itchy Dog? HillCritters 5 3,934 07-09-2016, 01:21 PM
Last Post: TheaR
  A good vet Corzhens 1 1,717 05-18-2016, 09:44 PM
Last Post: pwarbi
  Brogan doesn't feel good today :( apickett80 1 1,751 09-17-2013, 02:01 PM
Last Post: apickett80
  A good tip for dog quick vomiting cliverederson 0 1,616 06-02-2013, 02:45 AM
Last Post: cliverederson
  Are there any good vegetarian dog foods? TheCause 0 1,620 01-03-2013, 06:18 PM
Last Post: TheCause
  Dogs good with small children? kalisungrl18 2 2,522 07-28-2012, 12:47 PM
Last Post: haopee