LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catfish
05-21-2016, 04:38 AM,
remnant Offline

Threads: 72
Catfish
I got acquainted with this whiskered fish scientifically known as Oreochromis grahami through my younger brother when we were in primary school. He used to go to a nearby stream near our garden to capture them using the hook and bait method and then brought the delicacy to the dining table in the evening. I remember him placing the whole fish on the frying pan withou killing it. The poor thing haplessly writhed in pain on the frying pan and to this day, I feel indebted to them courtesy of those memories. My brother in his juvenile preoccupations was not well versed on the humane aspects of handling animals which is the bane of many pet owners who rear them for purposes of putting them on the dining table. I bet that catfish is the easiest fish to rear since its omnivorous and can survive in low oxygen conditions with high levels of turbidity. I look forward to keeping catfish as pets and or engage in a conservation project as well as educate people on ways of handling them in a humane manner. I would welcome suggestions in this aspect.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Upside-down Catfish BWP 2 2,306 07-03-2013, 10:11 PM
Last Post: BWP
  The Armored Catfish 4sweed 3 7,296 03-28-2013, 11:59 AM
Last Post: 4sweed
  The Walking Catfish Exotic Species 4sweed 2 4,590 03-27-2013, 09:21 AM
Last Post: 4sweed