LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bowligual Doggie Translator
04-02-2013, 07:08 PM,
trishgl Offline

Threads: 5
Bowligual Doggie Translator
I saw a supposed translator for dogs so we'll be able to tell their emotions.
It's called a Bowlingual Dog Translator. It uses a dog collar with a small receiver that uses voiceprint analysis which translates the dog's sounds/barks to corresponding emotions. It then sends the info to the handheld device you have and pictures to the corresponding emotions are displayed on the LCD screen. The emotions are happy, sad, needy, on guard, frustrated and showing off. If it really does work, would you buy one?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-04-2013, 12:00 AM,
haopee Offline

Threads: 91
RE: Bowligual Doggie Translator
Wow. I was like Rofl . I searched it on Youtube and it was in Japanese. Still, I did understand some of the words and it's just crazy.

This one is EPIC. It's a start. But you can't expect it to work perfectly as to say what your dog is barking in detail. According to Tech Crunch, it's being sold at $220. However, some sites are selling it for $79.

Just a brief background, the Bowlingual Translator was created by toymaker Takara Tomy. It shows 6 emotions and 50 phrases ranging from "I'm on top of the world." to "I need a friend". It's non-specific.

Bottom line, for the sake of entertainment purposes and out of sheer curiosity to its capabilities, yes I will try it. But as for reliability, I think it's a lot better to take the time to understand dog body language than to rely on their barks alone.

Thanks for sharing this one, Trish!
04-06-2013, 07:37 AM,
trishgl Offline

Threads: 5
Honestly since I'm a practical sort of person I'd rather that it can tell me what my dog wants. If it can translate needs like hungry, thirsty, need to pee or poop I'd buy the gadget. As per emotions I'd have to agree that if you spend enough time with your pet you'd have a good guage of her or his emotions anyway.
04-06-2013, 05:05 PM,
Rube Offline

Threads: 10
I would not purchase it. I think most dog owners are pretty good at understanding their dog's emotions. It not hard to tell if a dog is afraid, unhappy, happy, being friendly or being aggressive.

A dog will usually let the owner know if it's hungry or needs to go out, but a good owner should make sure that the dog's needs are being met and it is not unhappy, uncomfortable or afraid.
05-10-2013, 04:04 PM,
amundy8 Offline

Threads: 0
Are you serious? Rofl when I first read this, I thought about how expensive it may cost. Then, I saw the YouTube video that haopee had posted. That's honestly how I responded, too. Too funny! It seems that I needed the Bowlingual translator just to understand the commercial! I don't think I could purchase that..at least until they lower the price. In that case, I could look up information about dog reactions on YouTube too, instead of using a translator that could be just as inaccurate.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Doggie Depression 4sweed 4 3,047 12-19-2013, 07:28 AM
Last Post: tierapatt50
  Getting my dog used to doggie jacket TreeClimber 7 7,167 11-30-2012, 02:13 PM
Last Post: TreeClimber