LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Victor the talking Parakeet
08-02-2013, 04:23 PM,
Happyflowerlady Offline

Threads: 104
Victor the talking Parakeet
This is the story of Victor, a parakeet that was supposed to actually talk and carry on a conversation with his owner . Sometimes it is hard to understand Victor, but the owner tells us basically what the conversation is about, and if you listen close, you can tell what the bird is saying.
I had read about this several years ago, and forgotten about Victor, until I was reading the post about the little parakeet on Japan that got lost, but was able to tell the police his address, and they found his owner from what the bird told them.

So I did a search to see if the webpage for Victor was still online, and found it. I am copying the link for you to listen to him talk, and there are also some videos on YouTube about Victor.

http://www.talkingbudgie.com/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-14-2013, 10:00 AM,
SueA555 Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Victor the talking Parakeet
Victor is great! Budgies can be amazing talkers. When I was in high school and taking French, I taught my parakeet a few French phrases. He also said a lot of things in English.

Now I have a Jardine's parrot, who sometimes talks in context. For example, if I ask him to do something and the doesn't feel like it, he says no. He always says night-night when I am going up to bed. His favorite word is Joey, which is his name. Parrots are very smart.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hatching parakeet eggs Corzhens 1 2,521 06-12-2016, 08:11 PM
Last Post: Thor
  Full list of talking birds? Ram 7 16,964 04-27-2014, 08:09 AM
Last Post: Happyflowerlady
  A talking Eclectus Parrot laurasav 4 3,714 07-03-2012, 03:44 AM
Last Post: laurasav
  Share the most amazing talking birds videos Thor 5 4,032 04-20-2012, 09:58 AM
Last Post: Thor