LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fur styling at Petsmart?
03-09-2014, 12:27 PM,
TreeClimber Offline

Threads: 37
Fur styling at Petsmart?
I'm wondering how people feel about this. On an animal blog that I read regularly, they had a column about Petsmart's new "Pet Styling" services. This goes beyond poodle haircuts and clothing.

Your dog can be dyed any color, stamped with stencils, chalked, and have feathers added to his/her fur. This is supposed to allow you dog to fit any "occasion".

I don't know about you but I find this excessive and a little weird. It seems to me anyone who does this really should get a doll. Maybe one of those Barbie styling head kits. They don't want a dog, they want a toy to play with.

I have to wonder about the affects on the dog. They say everything is non-toxic. What about the feathers? I could just see my dog eating them, that is after she drove herself crazy trying to get whatever it was on her head off of it.

I'd be kind of embarrassed to take my dog out in public doozied up like this. A jacket or sweater is one thing. This is too much. What do you guys think about this? Would you have it done to your dog?

Here's the blog entry. You can find a link to Petsmart's services if you need more information.
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/pets/2014/0...-occasion/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Purse Out of Dog Fur helaofthenorns 1 2,246 09-13-2014, 01:19 PM
Last Post: Happyflowerlady
  Petsmart Obedience Class?? PixieStixxx 2 1,859 01-23-2014, 11:06 PM
Last Post: BirdPoo
  How to help itchy skin, losing fur. jenzshoppin 7 5,306 03-03-2013, 08:49 AM
Last Post: trishgl
  The Importance of the Fur Remover haopee 5 3,652 06-27-2012, 12:58 PM